Nonhormonal ointment for psoriasis : a list of effective drugs
Medicine / / May 07, 2016
- What is psoriasis?
- What ointment helps with psoriasis?
- effective ointment for psoriasis
- Standard regimens for psoriasis treatment using non-hormonal agents
nonhormonal ointment psoriasis are appointed mainly for mild forms of the disease and are an important component of comprehensive treatment.In this list of effective drugs will be different at different stages and forms of the disease.
What is psoriasis?
Psoriasis - a chronic skin disease of infectious nature, in which mainly affects the skin, scalp and nails.Much less have the defeat of the internal organs.
It is now believed that psoriasis is multifactorial dermatosis, a leading role in the development of which is withdrawn autoimmune mechanisms and genetic predisposition, endocrine and metabolic disorders.As a rule, in its course of the disease has 3 stages:
- progression of the disease.You receive a large number of new lesions, which are then converted into psoriatic plaques.
- stationary phase.No new plaques, and covered with scales available exfoliate the epidermis.
- regression of psoriasis.Plaques are reduced in size and fade.Usually, with time on the body there are only a few "duty" plaques.
Besides classical forms of psoriasis, there are several simple severe disease requiring systemic complex therapy.
What ointment helps with psoriasis?
itself any preparation for external application can do little in psoriasis.Any means of local therapy should be part of a comprehensive treatment, including lifestyle interventions, supply and use of systemic therapy drugs.As for the non-hormonal drugs, the most commonly prescribed by dermatologists as follows.
- stage progression. against psoriasis at this stage are recommended tools which include salicylic acid, vitamin D and zinc.
- stationary phase. If you are using hormone, and any other ointment, preference is given to pharmaceutical compositions comprising naphthalene, salicylic acid, sulfur, tar and calcium.
- stage regression. Appointed neutrality means not irritating to the skin preparations.
It should be remembered that the best cream for psoriasis - is the one that is assigned to a specialist, because it is a disease like any other, requires individual selection of drugs and treatment regimens.
effective ointment for psoriasis
salicylic ointment (salicylic Zinc paste). main active substance of this tool - salicylic acid.For external use it effectively removes dead cells (the epidermis flakes) that cleans the surface of the plaque.As a result, the surface layers of the skin refreshed.Other properties - improving the penetration of other drugs into the skin.
Ointment containing salicylic acid, is indifferent, it can be used without fear of serious complications for the body.However, when using more than three consecutive weeks develops small addictive agent thereby becoming less effective.
Zinc ointment (Tsinokap, Zinc paste). has a drying, antiseptic and absorbent properties.It helps minimize the prevalence of lesions, to prevent the spread of infection, and improves tissue regeneration.The standard course of treatment - up to 1 month.
tar ointment (antrasulfonovaya, Kolloidin, Berestin "Alfozil" lotion Antisporin). successfully reduces inflammation, has an irritating effect on the skin (therefore begin treatment with low doses).It stimulates the regeneration of the epithelium, strengthens the processes of keratinization and improves the local blood supply.Based on the established effective tar shampoos and lotions for treating scalp psoriasis.
Solidol (Antispor ointment Rybakova, Magnispor, Antipsoriaz and others). This tool has a soothing, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic action.Solidol normalizes metabolism in the skin cells, thereby intensifying the healing process.Typically, grease formulations include still other inflammatory and wound-healing components.
Vitamin D (Dovoneks, Calcipotriol, Psorkutan). issued in the form of a lotion, creams and ointments.The main effect - slowing the growth of epidermal cells, normalizing metabolism.
other ointments containing vitamins (Aekol, Videstim). They contain vitamins A and E. These ointments accelerate wound healing, normalizing metabolism and tissue trophism.
Naftalan ointment (ihtiola-Naftalan ointment Neftesan, Losterin, Naftaderm). not used during the acute illness, as it causes redness, dryness, itching.Enjoy exfoliating and absorbing effects.
Standard regimens for psoriasis treatment using non-hormonal agents
- advanced stage: 1-2% salicylic ointment, hormones (up to 3 times per week), Calcipotriol and beclomethasone.
- Stationary phase: 3-5% salicylic ointment, Calcipotriol, dithranol zinc, anti-allergic, hormonal and detoxification drugs.
- regressing stage: UFO, balneotherapy, and Tar salicylic ointment, etc. psoriasin
Rules of preparations for the topical treatment of psoriasis:.
- first step is to use simple means.Due to the fact that psoriasis is a chronic disease, drug addiction develops gradually.For this reason it is necessary to use the first means, which include simple components.
- not mix drugs unnecessarily.The most common error is to use simultaneously several ointments, if it is not recommended by the attending physician.Preparations need to be changed only when it is already beginning to develop addictive, and they become ineffective.
- necessary lifestyle changes.Stress, "forbidden goodies" and a lot more can provoke an aggravation of the disease.When excluding the effect of these factors means used for local therapy may also increase.
14 May, 2016
14 May, 2016