Treatment of psoriasis drugs
Medicine / / August 12, 2017
- What medications help in the treatment of psoriasis?
psoriasis or psoriasis - a disease that has been known since ancient times.It has long been known that psoriasis treatment is successful, subject to several conditions:
- the normalization of body weight;
- at refusal of bad habits;
- a balanced diet;
- for stays under certain climatic conditions (eg in Mediterranean climates).
What medications help in the treatment of psoriasis?
As with any medication, drugs are divided into tools for outdoor applications and tools for the reception inside.Inside
following drugs are used:
- Cytostatics.In severe forms of the disease, the presence of erythrodermic psoriasis, as well as in the defeat of the joints is a classic means of Methotrexate.Its task is to reduce the division of cells, including skin cells.These tools are highly toxic, a large number of side effects on rapidly dividing cells (bone marrow, sperm).So appoint a means only in exceptional cases and for a short time.Despite this, Methotrexate is used very widely, because of its relative cheapness.
- Cyclosporine (Sandimmun, Neoral).This formulation allows to remove inflammatory components of psoriasis by suppressing the production of cytokines in T lymphocytes.It is used in patients under the age of 60 years.With Cyclosporine good "shot" acute;often it is used for 1 - 2 months, but under the control of serum creatinine.
- class human monoclonal antibodies called Ustekinumab.This medicine, which since 2009 has been used successfully in the United States.The drug is administered subcutaneously in a dose of 45 mg in a specific pattern.It is used for severe psoriatic lesions, it has good efficacy in psoriatic arthritis.
- Reamberin Infusions containing methyl ammonium succinate.Reamberin can be used at different stages of disease.His goal - membrane stabilizing activity, that helps reduce the severity of psoriatic lesions.
- Essentiale Forte - a preparation containing phospholipids;It used as a hepatoprotective agent.Improve liver function is an important step in the treatment of psoriasis.Applicable courses.
- The use of omega-3 unsaturated fatty acids.Use of drugs encapsulated fish oil allows to improve the operation of membranes in the body, and also to reduce the risk of cancer.
- Multivitamins.The use of vitamins for psoriasis is an additional means of complex therapy, especially when a person stays in a sharply continental conditions.
- Immunomodulatory therapy.Psoriasis - a disease that can strengthen its manifestations in lowered immunity or a perversion (the appearance of autoimmune inflammation orientation).The most famous drug to enhance immunity - it Likopid.
- Enterosorbents.The use of such drugs as the SUMS, Polyphepan and Enterosgel reduces the absorption into the blood of harmful substances, toxins, heavy metals and many other compounds.The use of these drugs can cause constipation, so they are not recommended for use continuously for more than 2 - 3 weeks.
- Means for correction of dysbiosis.If psoriasis is combined with dysbiosis, its display can be amplified.If fecal bacteria overgrowth confirms the reduction of the normal microflora, necessary use of these drugs as a Linex, Hilak Forte Baktisubtil or Bifidumbacterin.The appearance of a regular chair, decrease bloating and increased gas may reduce the manifestations of psoriasis on the skin.
By means of symptomatic therapy may be related reception antipruritic and antiallergic drugs.These include Tsetrin, other members of the selective histamine receptor blockers (Suprastin, Tavegil).Means
external therapy of psoriasis treatment are presented in the most widely used.This peeling means salicylic acid, preparations containing tar (coal and birch) naftalan ointment preparations of vitamin D3 (Calcipotriol) medications containing zinc, topical retinoids (tazarotene), and topical corticosteroids.
In each case, the physician decides whether or not to use local agents or you can use drugs for oral administration.
12 Aug, 2017