Ointment from allergies on the skin : what is better?
Medicine / / August 12, 2017
- Ointments from allergic dermatitis
- How to choose allergy ointment on the skin?
allergic reaction on the body may appear in the adult and the child.In addition to redness and rash is usually accompanied by severe itching, which is especially severe in children.That is why children often comb inflamed areas, which is fraught with the development of infectious complications.To eliminate these unpleasant symptoms and reduce the severity of the inflammatory process in the skin allergy, doctors use various ointments, which will be discussed in this article.
appearance on the skin of an allergic rash (red spots, acne, peeling or soak) is called atopic dermatitis.There it is in response to contact with the skin or in the human body to allergens.These may be food, medicines, cosmetics and other substances.Allergic skin reactions may occur also in the sun.
first and main point of the treatment of atopic dermatitis is to eliminate the impact on the body allergenic factors.Reduce the appear
Typically, skin allergies with medication intended for oral administration and externally (in the form of ointments, creams, solutions).In particular ointments and creams should perform the following functions:
- relieves itching;
- reduce inflammation;
- prevent drying and cracking of the skin lesion;
- protect the skin from infection control;
- increase the skin's ability to regenerate;
- prevent exacerbation of the disease.
Ointments from allergic dermatitis
External agents used in allergic dermatitis, can be divided into five major groups.
- Hormones.This is the most effective anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory drugs which have many contraindications and side effects.Therefore, they may appoint a doctor, and short courses.Independent long-term use of these ointments and creams can result in serious problems of the skin and the whole organism.The most popular hormonal ointments and creams include Advantan, Akriderm, Afloderm, Hydrocortisone, Dermoveyt, Kutiveyt, prednisolone, sinaflana.
- antihistamines (Fenistil, Psili Balm, etc.).These drugs have a specific anti-allergic effect, due to which decreases the itching and redness of the skin.
- Local drugs that reduce inflammation by suppressing the synthesis of inflammatory cytokines.As part of these funds could be two substances: tacrolimus (eg, ointment Protopic) and pimecrolimus (Elidel cream).They can safely be used in young children (Elidel - even in children of the first year of life).
- Combined ointments and creams that contain several active ingredients.Most often it hormones and some additional substance (antiseptic, antibiotic, antifungal or keratolytic component, etc.).Examples of such agents can be present Triderm, Akriderm HA Diprosalik, Belosalik, Lorinden and many other ointments.
- Means for topical application to the wound-healing, moisturizing and emollient effects.These ointments or creams may contain dexpanthenol, zinc pyrithione, zinc oxide, herbal extracts, glycerol, vaseline and other components.
How to choose allergy ointment on the skin?
Each group described by means of atopic dermatitis has its indications and contraindications for use, so the treatment should be appointed exclusively dermatologist (preferably after consultation with the allergist).
At the outset of the disease, when there is symptomatic, generally used non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or hormones.Potent hormonal ointments administered for 3 days, weak - up to 7 days.After the improvement of the patient's skin condition for some time, the hormones used 2 times per week in parallel with the softening and wound healing means.A more long-term use of hormonal ointments leads to the development of skin atrophy and other unpleasant consequences.
Instead of hormonal drugs in children and adults is acceptable use of funds on the basis of tacrolimus and pimecrolimus.These, unlike hormonal ointments, can even be used for treating allergic rash on the face.
To reduce severe itching in the early days of the disease the physician may prescribe the patient application of antihistamine ointment.If there was a skin infection, you must be sure to use means with antibiotics or antiseptics.
After reducing the inflammatory manifestations to control the symptoms of the disease, patients should use moisturizers and emollients (creams, lotions).They must be applied to the skin at least 2 times a day, or more often (after every aqueous procedure).After 3 - 4 weeks, these funds should be changed, that there was no habituation and skin numbness.It is recommended to be applied on the body emollient creams, even if there is a rash on the skin, redness or dryness.This will prevent exacerbation of the disease.
So, choose any one the best ointment for skin allergies can not.Each of the above agents may be effective in one situation and another absolutely useless.Different approach to the choice of therapeutic agents and, depending on the patient's age.For example, to treat a child, you can use not all hormonal ointments.Furthermore, it should take into account the fact that the skin allergies can change (today it gets wet, tomorrow itches and cracks, etc.), which also affects the selection of drugs for local therapy.
12 Aug, 2017