How to donate blood for sugar
Analyses And Studies / / August 12, 2017
- Physiological causes high blood sugar
- Pathological causes hyperglycemia
- reasons for reducing sugar (hypoglycemia)
- Preparation for a blood test for sugar
Physiological causes high blood sugar
sugar levelIt indicates the status of its synthesis and metabolizing cells in the body.Increasing the level (hyperglycemia) may not always indicate a pathology, but may also occur in normal under the influence of such factors:
- Eating - causes small hyperglycemia in a few hours, due to the absorption of carbohydrates into the bloodstream from the intestine.Then, after a few hours display returns to normal due to the transition of glucose into cells, and its utilization there.
- Time of day - after lunch, usually glucose level is higher than in the morning.
- emotional factor stress - cause enhanced production of adrenaline, which is saharpovyshayuschim hormone by increasing its synthesis of liver glycogen.
- Exercise - muscle work requires a lot of energy, which delivers glucose at its disposal in muscle cells (myocytes), so that the body is an active breakdown of glycogen muscle and liver.
Pathological causes hyperglycemia
In various diseases sugar rises due to increased synthesis in the liver or reduce the assimilation of the body's cells.Such conditions include:
- Diabetes, I-type - due to pancreatic disease, a reduction in insulin production, which provides the tissue glucose uptake by cells.
- Diabetes, II-type - in the case of insulin production is not changed, but there is a reduction in the number of insulin receptors cells responsible for glucose uptake.
- Raising saharpovyshayuschih hormones (epinephrine, corticosteroids), which increase its concentration due to the splitting of glycogen - a condition develops when hormone producing tumors of the adrenal glands.
identify pathological hyperglycemia help blood test for glucose, indicating its level.The rate of this index ranges from 3.5 to 5.5 mmol / L.
reasons for reducing sugar (hypoglycemia)
Unlike hyperglycemia, sugar reduction occurs less frequently, and due to such reasons:
- insufficient intake of glucose - starvation, diseases of the digestive system;
- increased absorption of sugar by cells due to the increased synthesis of insulin in the presence of hormone producing tumors of the pancreas;
- liver pathology - this organ is the main depot of sugar that is in it in the form of glycogen, liver disease, reduce its reserves, which is manifested in hypoglycemia
Preparation for a blood test for sugar
glucose concentration - labile component, on condition that at the time of the day before the study is influenced by many factors.When the analysis is important the correct objective result, reflecting the sugar metabolism in the body.Therefore, before you donate blood sugar, you need to prepare for it and perform a number of recommendations:
- this study must be conducted in the morning;
- the last meal before the test - no later than 8 hours in a light supper;
- exception of alcohol intake for 2 days prior to the study, because it causes hyperglycemia;
- before the test is non-smoking, as nicotine appeals gain adrenaline production, which increases the sugar;
- of drinks can not take coffee, tea (especially sweet), soft drinks, fruit juices - they can cause physiological hyperglycemia.In the morning allowed the use of non-carbonated mineral water;
- eve should try to avoid exposure to stress and muscle stress, as they may provoke hyperglycaemia;
- advisable to stop taking various drugs, as they may lead to a decrease or increase in blood sugar.
If you have questions as to how to prepare for blood sugar, it is better to consult a doctor or a laboratory that will point to the possible nuances, especially in regard to the exclusion of certain medications.
There are cases where the patient has blood sugar concentration is at the upper limit of normal or slightly above it.Then, to eliminate the disease of carbohydrate metabolism, blood sugar levels are being identified with the load.The bottom line of this study is to conduct a determination of sugar a few times:
- an empty stomach, after all the recommendations on preparations for the study of the previous day.
- Two hours after the oral administration of glucose in an amount of 75 g dissolved in 250 ml of water - normally after this time the body's cells must absorb glucose from the intestine entered.If the glucose in the sample above normal - there is every reason to assume pathological reasons for its increase.In this test, the child, the glucose yield in the form of candy or syrup at the rate of - 50 g
study blood sugar prescribed by a doctor, for suspected violation of carbohydrate metabolism and the appearance of symptoms such as weight loss, or vice versa overweight, prolonged thirst andincreased urination.
12 Aug, 2017
12 Aug, 2017