The acetone in the urine during pregnancy : Causes and Treatment
Analyses And Studies / / August 12, 2017
- What does acetone in the urine?
- reasons ketonuria
- Diabetes pregnant
- Treatment of gestational diabetes mellitus Early
What does acetone in the urine?
addition of acetone in the urine can be determined ketone acids: acetoacetic, beta-hydroxybutyric - all this is included in the collective term "ketone bodies".They are redundant power sources and normally excreted in the urine in very small quantities, which does not allow them to identify with the study.
In some cases there is ketonuria - increase of ketones in the urine, which means the body has the following metabolic disorders:
- deficiency of glucose from food and as a consequence, the activation of lipolysis for energy;
- disorder of carbohydrate metabolism with a lack of insulin or insulin resistance development.
Acetone in urine can be determined at various states of the body and is not always indicative of pathology.For example, it may appear as a result of the following factors:
- reduction in daily energy intake diet - fasting, low carbohydrate diet;
- intake of protein foods in large quantities;
- intense exercise.
ketonuria also occurs in diseases:
- tumor, stenosis of the digestive system, disrupt the absorption;
- illness accompanied by fever;
- pathology of the endocrine system (hyperactivity of the thyroid gland, adrenal gland);
- intoxication (lead, alcohol).
Acetone in urine during pregnancy, most often appears when a certain disease development:
- metabolic disorders of dietary glucose, which occurs during pregnancy (gestational diabetes);
- toxicity, accompanied by profuse vomiting (early preeclampsia).
Improper disposal of exogenous glucose occurs in about 5% of women.There are certain risk factors, which include:
- presence of gestational diabetes history.
- diabetes are near relatives.
- Increased body weight.
- Rapid weight gain during pregnancy.
- Age over 30 years.
- in history - the presence of a large fetus.
Pathogenesis ketonuria in case of violation of carbohydrate metabolism in pregnant women is as follows:
- Reduced insulin sensitivity, and at the same time it decreases the formation;
- of dietary glucose is not absorbed by the cells growing energy shortage;
- liver cells for energy start to break down fats;
- Due lipolysis synthesized a large amount of ketone acids that serve as energy source;
- Increased excretion of ketone bodies in urine.
Along with ketone bodies in urine is determined by sugar, there is an increase in the indices of blood glucose.Pregnant women are prescribed a blood test for sugar twice: at statement on the account in the period from 24-28 weeks, but the appearance of ketones in the urine assays is an indication of hyperglycemia to determine at any stage.
Treatment of gestational diabetes
Tactics of treatment determined by the doctor - an endocrinologist.As a rule, the following events are included here:
- power correction;
Changing eating habits has a great importance and often reduces the value glyukozemii (blood sugar) to a normal level.The basic rules are as follows:
- frequent meal (up to 6 times per day);
- eliminated refined carbohydrates in the diet turn on foods rich in dietary fiber;
- full content of vitamins and trace elements.
Exercise is recommended for pregnant women, have their own characteristics:
- should be regular, metered;
- loads of activity should not be high - it is useful to swim, walk on foot in the open air;
- not recommended exercises that require voltage abdominal muscles.
diet and exercise treatment is carried out for two weeks.It is necessary to control blood glucose daily.In the absence of the effect of insulin is appointed.
early preeclampsia (vomiting of pregnancy) - the most common form of toxicity that occurs before 20 weeks of pregnancy.Ketonuria occurs typically at moderate to severe condition.
Risk factors contributing to the development of early preeclampsia include:
- pregnancy, accompanied by a Rhesus conflict;
- first pregnancy;
- presence of chronic diseases of the digestive tract.
Pathogenesis enhanced education of ketone bodies and increase their number in the urine of pregnant women with vomiting includes:
- loss of electrolytes;
- energy starvation of cells and tissues;
- breakdown of fats to produce ketones.
treatment of preeclampsia, accompanied by ketoacidosis, performed in a hospital.Undertake the following activities:
- restore electrolyte balance;
- oxygen therapy.
appearance of ketone bodies in urine analysis does not always indicate the presence of gross pathology.Often enough to change eating behavior to ketones in urine disappeared.However, the presence of such changes is the occasion for a thorough examination of the pregnant woman to avoid gestational diabetes.
12 Aug, 2017