PTI blood analysis and interpretation of the norm
Analyses And Studies / / May 04, 2016
- PB: What is it?
- What does blood prothrombin index?
- Explanation PTI
- What prothrombin index may tell the doctor?
- When IPT must be checked regularly?
- How to prepare for coagulation to obtain the exact value of the PB?
PB: What is it?
PTI - a blood test, during which determine the clotting time of a particular human plasma and standard plasma, and then the resulting ratio is expressed as a percentage.The rate of prothrombin index is 78-142% as described in Quick and 95-105% in the determination of prothrombin index in other ways.
This discrepancy is due to the fact that the blood chemistry is largely dependent on the sensitivity of the reagents used for determination of the indicator.In this regard, WHO recom
What does blood prothrombin index?
Prothrombin - a special protein, which is a precursor of thrombin, which plays a significant role in the formation of a blood clot.Prothrombin is produced in the liver, and its formation requires sufficient vitamin K. If there is a shortage of this vitamin, the quality of the synthesized prothrombin may be reduced, as manifested an increased tendency to bleed.
To determine the PTI, it should be noted while the blood plasma coagulation of the particular patient and the clotting time of blood plasma from the standard known to a healthy person.The relationship between the time and derived indicators is prothrombin index.
If measured by PTI Quick prothrombin activity is determined from the calibration graph, which is built on the basis of the measurement results of coagulation control plasma at different dilutions, it is therefore considered more accurate.
Prothrombin index is one of the mandatory study of blood clotting, which performs laboratory for such analysis as coagulation.
With increasing PTI above normal increases the risk of blood clots, and therefore increases the risk of myocardial infarction, stroke, pulmonary embolism, etc.Lowering PTI below normal increases the risk of bleeding due to a lack of vitamin K or presence of liver problems.
What prothrombin index may tell the doctor?
With PTI and its deviation from the norm doctor can judge:
- degree of saturation of the body with vitamin K;
- effectiveness of anticoagulant therapy;
- risk of myocardial infarction, stroke, venous thrombosis with varicose veins;
- abnormal liver function;
- activity of certain blood clotting factors.
When IPT must be checked regularly?
First prothrombin index should be checked regularly for those people who have been implanted artificial heart valves, as in these cases, increasing the likelihood of blood clots.Also known PTI indicators should be angina, arrhythmia and other diseases of the cardiovascular system.This is especially important when the propensity to arrhythmia, and biochemical changes in the blood, indicating the formation of atherosclerotic plaques in blood vessels.Coagulation (including IPT) is indicated for varicose veins, especially complicated by thrombosis phenomena.
Besides prothrombin index is checked at:
- preparation for any surgery;
- diagnosed thromboembolism;
- cirrhosis of the liver;
- hereditary pathology of blood coagulation;
- treatment of heparin;
- gynecological diseases, especially when the need to take hormones;
- previous stroke or myocardial infarction.
How to prepare for coagulation to obtain the exact value of the PB?
- Blood on IPT need to take on an empty stomach: the last meal should be at least 8-12 hours before blood sampling.
- On the day of delivery of the analysis in the case of thirst, you can use only normal drinking water.Juices, soft drinks, tea, coffee, alcohol and everything else is strictly prohibited.Immediately before the delivery of the analysis should drink a glass of clean water.
- If you smoke, it is better rasstantes this habit, or at least refrain for an hour before the blood test.
- Calm before the surrender of the analysis.Experts recommend not to worry for at least 15 minutes, as stress hormones can increase blood clotting.
- If you are taking any medications, including oral contraceptives, herbal, you should tell your doctor about this.
14 Jun, 2016