Ointment for eczema on their hands : the name of effective remedies
Medicine / / August 12, 2017
- use of hormonal ointments, their advantages and disadvantages
- nonhormonal ointment
Eczema - allergic disease, which can occur both acute and chronic with frequent exacerbations of the process.Characterized polymorphism (diversity), rash, itching, burning and sustainable course, prone to constant relapses.A popular place for pathology localization - open areas of the body: face, neck, legs, but more often it occurs on the fingers.
Regardless of the form of the disease (idiopathic, microbial, mycotic, seborrheic et al.), Treatment should only be rather lengthy and complex.The main therapy scheme to combat eczema:
- antihistamines, such as Tavegil, Suprastin;
- immunomodulating agents;
- preparations for detoxification;
- external therapy ointments and creams - hormonal and non-hormonal anti-inflammatory drugs;
- avoid contact with the substance, triggering allergies;
- hypoallergenic diet.
leading and most effective method of treatment is considered to be the topical app
- eliminate eczema symptoms - itching, burning, rash;
- prevent the penetration of infection;
- moisturize the skin;
- not have a negative effect on the body, any side effects should be very mild.
use of hormonal ointments, their advantages and disadvantages
The composition of such drugs include synthetic steroid hormones.Their main advantage - rapid relief of unpleasant symptoms: itching, burning, dryness and pain.But the main disadvantage of such drugs - addictive, because of which their effectiveness decreases with time.Therefore, drugs with hormones should be used only short courses - less than a week.Otherwise, apart from addiction may cause serious adverse reactions.Most hormonal ointments should not be used in conjunction with other similar means.In addition, they have a number of contraindications, for example, can not be used for diseases of the digestive system processes necrotic ulcerative mucosal and diabetes.
Depending on the therapeutic effect of hormonal ointments are divided into several classes:
- means a weak effect (Grade 1) - 0.5% prednisolone ointment, cream "Lokoid".
Such formulations are suitable for the treatment of small children, as well as for women during pregnancy and lactation.Effective when applied to the open areas of small dimensions, especially in the neck and face, i.e. where the expression of undesirable side reactions.
- funds with moderate activity (Grade 2) - Tsinakort, Afloderm 0.05% Deksametazon.Preparaty used in patients with severe disease process, when the first class of drugs does not help, such as varicose eczema feet.
- funds for the treatment of eczema with a potent (Class 3) - sinaflana, Sinalar, Advantan.
drug prescribed for quick relief of exacerbations of the disease, the treatment of severe itching and burning sensation that accompanies persistent disease within.And in cases of accession of secondary infection.
- funds for the treatment of eczema, characterized by the strongest effect (Grade 4) - Galtsinonid, Dermoveyt.
These drugs are used only in extreme cases, when other drugs can not cope with the disease.They penetrate deeply into the skin, so their effect is most pronounced in the most severe disease.But this doctor must weigh the "pros" and "cons" before the appointment, take into account contraindications, and general condition of the patient, as the hormonal class 4 can cause many side effects.
fall into this category Skin-Cap, Dermasan, panthenol, Aurobin and others.Any non-hormonal ointment consists of nutrient bases, waxes and active components with pronounced antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory action.Most of these drugs have a moisturizing and nourishing the skin properties.
These drugs are weaker than hormonal ointments.They are usually prescribed for the first manifestations of eczema, when symptoms are still mild to moderate.Their advantage - the field of application is not limited to, can be applied not only on the body but also on the exposed skin - face, neck.Non-hormonal ointments are not addictive, so they can be used for a long time without forced breaks.They do not cause harm to the body, because they have the least side effects.But appoint them only in the treatment of eczema.
There are many drugs for eczema.But even the best ointment or cream may be powerless, if not perform all prescription.