How to prepare a hypertonic saline solution ?
Medicine / / April 22, 2016
- hypertonic saline.What it is?
- Healing properties of salt solutions
- How to prepare a hypertonic solution of sodium chloride?
- Treatment of hypertonic saline
- How to wash the nose hypertonic solutions?
Salt and salt solutions are often used by modern medicine for the treatment of inflammatory, purulent, or infectious diseases.Proper use of a hypertonic salt solution gives a good therapeutic effect and does not cause complications.In some cases, the use of hypertonic solutions is sufficient for the treatment of wounds, burns or inflammatory lesions.
hypertonic saline.What it is?
fluid filling the cells of the body, has a certain concentration, namely an isotonic solution (0.9%) sodium chloride.If you change the concentration of intercellular substance in the cells of irreversible processes.According to the laws of physics, if the cell placed in distilled water (not containing salts) or a hypotonic salt solution (less than 0.9%), it is filled with water and burst.If it is placed i
Healthy cells need only be in an isotonic solution.Another thing with the diseased cells when tissue edema and inflammation occur purulent process, the fluid (exudates) should be put out of the cell.For this purpose, and apply hypertonic solutions.They pull on the water, and with it all of inflammatory substances, toxins, viruses, bacteria and pus.
Healing properties of salt solutions
- decongestant action is based on pulling excess fluid from the cells and tissues.Hypertonic saline solution at a concentration higher than intercellular fluid.According to the laws of physics, the water from the site at the salt concentration is moved to a place with its higher concentration.
- inflammatory effect based on deducing exudate (secretions inflammation) or pus from the wound, the affected organ or tissue.The salt together with the liquid from the tissue displays all the products of the inflammatory process.
- antimicrobial action is based on the breeding of germs affected tissues with fluid.
Thus, saline hypertonic solutions have unique properties to disinfect the inflamed organs and tissues.Interestingly, cells (white blood cells, red blood cells, tissue cells) remain intact.In place of salt absorbed liquid enters a new, healthy intercellular fluid.Thus, fluid is updated.
How to prepare a hypertonic solution of sodium chloride?
Today, the pharmaceutical industry offers a number of ready-made products with a hypertonic solution of sea salt (akvamaris Strong Akvalor Forte, Humer hypertonic, Kviks, etc.).Instructions on the use of drugs does not restrict their use for the duration.They have been successfully used for washing the nose in adults and children older than 3 months.The saline solution of sodium chloride can be prepared at home.To do this, 100 ml of water is necessary to take 10 grams of salt and dissolve it.
Treatment of hypertonic saline
before a salt vodichku, you need to consult a doctor and get tested to establish an accurate diagnosis.It must be remembered that any treatment should be carried out under medical supervision.In the absence of effect or in the event of new complaints procedure should be stopped and again to see a specialist.
Today, doctors recommend the use of dressings impregnated with hypertonic saline.Salt draws out the water from the tissue, thereby removing puffiness and bringing together all the liquid products of pathological processes.There are several indications for the use of salt and dressings with it.
- Nasal and paranasal sinus (rhinitis, sinusitis and sinusitis).Bandage with saline on the forehead, nose, wings and nose.The use of bandages must be combined with nasal washing.The course of treatment is not less than 7 days.
- Headache caused by inflammatory processes (meningitis, arachnoiditis).Recommend to use a circular bandage on his head.
- Cough.When dry paroxysmal cough application of dressings with salt is very effective.Packs should be placed daily on all night, for 3 - 5 days on the chest area.
- Inflammatory bowel disease (enteritis, colitis).Apply a bandage to the entire abdomen.The effect is not earlier than one week of daily treatments.
- Inflammation of the joints (arthritis, bursitis).Bandages need to impose on the entire joint, capturing the area on 15 - 20 cm above and below the joint.The bandage is applied on all night.The course of treatment 10 - 14 days.
- Burns.With burns 1 and 2 degrees, as well as severe pain, you can put a bandage to reduce pain.For long-term treatment with salt dressings are applied for 8 - 10 hours, alternating with the main treatment.Procedures are allowed to be repeated until complete recovery.
How to wash the nose hypertonic solutions?
Very often, if not properly washing the nose develop complications, such as ear infections (otitis media).This is due to throw the liquid from the nasal cavity to the ear via the auditory (eustachian tube).Common Errors in the nasal lavage are:
- fluid infusion into the nose under the pressure;
- use of hypertonic solutions with concentration higher than 10%;
- healthy nasal lavage is not indicated.
for proper nasal lavage should be used 8 - 10% salt solution.The head should throw back to the side.In the upper nostril need to pour the liquid by gravity, special teapots (you can use cooking utensils) sold for this at the pharmacy.This is important, the water must flow by gravity!With the right nose washing water from the upper into the lower nostrils and flows outwardly.After that, throw back your head should be on the other side and repeat the procedure.After the procedure, must be carefully blown out alternately each nostril.
When washing the finished sea salt purchased in the pharmacy network (Kviks, Humer, etc.), You need to keep your head straight without tilting it.The container with the solution should be kept vertically.It is necessary to make a few injections and 1 - 2 minutes to blow his nose.
15 Jun, 2016
15 Jun, 2016