Medicines for tachycardia : what to take ?Tablets, and other drugs .
Medicine / / August 12, 2017
- As shown tachycardia?
- What is tachycardia?
- Drugs used in the treatment of tachycardia
- What to take with tachycardia?
- antiarrhythmic drugs in the treatment of tachycardias
rhythm in which the heart works, determines the state of the whole organism.As a result of various internal reasons or external factors work of the heart muscle can be violated.Acceleration of the heart rate is called tachycardia.By the treatment of this disease should be taken seriously, because an incorrect administration of drugs can lead to the opposite effect (arrhythmias, bradyarrhythmias) and cause irreversible changes in the myocardium.
As shown tachycardia?
first symptoms of heart rate acceleration will be manifested in weakness, in increased heart rate and feeling of disruption of the heart.The patient will feel that the heart of the "jumps out of my chest."Sometimes, this condition may be accompanied by dizziness or headache, a feeling of compression in the heart or a pain in the heart.
What is tachycardia?
- Physiological - a slight acceleration of the heart rate of a healthy person.This can occur after physical or emotional stress, after eating or defecating.This tachycardia quickly and independently runs and does not need treatment.
- Drug or pharmacological - is the increased heart rate after taking drugs (caffeine, adrenaline, ethanol).
- Pathological - a violation of cardiac rhythm disorders as a result.It is divided into supraventricular (atrial) and ventricular.Treated this type of tachycardia medicines prescribed by your doctor.
The basic principles in the treatment of tachycardias:
- treatment of any type of tachycardia should be started after the establishment of the causes of arrhythmias.Receiving drugs should be started only on prescription.
- slight and short acceleration of the rhythm, which is not accompanied by a change in blood pressure and impaired general condition of the patient, in medical treatment is not needed.Such patients should be carefully examined, to identify the cause of tachycardia and fix it.
- attack of atrial tachycardia, accompanied by a blood pressure disorder should arrest the EIT-discharge (cardioversion).Then treatment can be carried out tachycardia with antiarrhythmic drugs, although the effectiveness of these insignificant.
- For the treatment of chronic atrial tachycardia, antiarrhythmic drugs and EIT are rarely used because they do not have sufficient effect.In these cases, surgical treatment of the disease (including pacemaker implantation).
- attack of ventricular tachycardia should be treated in a hospital.After cupping of an attack are advised to take medication prescribed by the doctor is constantly in small doses.
Drugs used in the treatment of tachycardia
- Sedatives plant-based (extract of valerian, motherwort, hawthorn).These drugs can be used for a long time.In addition to the antiarrhythmic action, a beneficial effect on blood pressure and blood vessels.
- synthetic sedatives (Relanium, Diazepam) are shown to persons subject to nervous strain and stress.They help calm the nervous system and prevent the increased heart rate after stressful situations.
- antiarrhythmic drugs (therapeutic effect with tachycardia have beta-blockers and potassium channel blockers).
What to take with tachycardia?
To treat tachycardia attack used cardioversion (EIT) therapy and intravenous anti-arrhythmic drugs (lidocaine, procainamide).After cupping of an attack begin treatment of the underlying disease and rhythm instability prescribed antiarrhythmic drugs.This group of drugs can also be used for preventing tachycardia after myocardial infarction, diseases of the endocrine system (hyperthyroidism), and implanted pacemaker as a means of preventing sudden death.
antiarrhythmic drugs in the treatment of tachycardias
- cardioselective beta blockers (bisoprolol, Concor, esmolol, atenolol) - this is the best cure for the tachycardia caused by the influence of the sympathetic nervous system on the heart.This happens when the amount of adrenaline in the blood during stress and nervous strain.Beta-blockers affect the beta1 receptors located in the heart muscle.Thus, they protect the myocardium from the harmful effects of adrenaline, while lowering blood pressure and reducing the heart rate.The advantage of these funds is the selectivity of action.Other, non-selective beta blockers have an effect on beta2-receptors located in the bronchi, causing bronchospasm.For non-selective drugs include Inderal and sotalol.
- potassium channel blockers.The most effective and commonly used drugs in this group, for the treatment of tachycardia is Amiodarone.Its advantage is that it resolves in patients with acute or chronic heart failure, where beta-blockers are contraindicated, and cardiac glycosides have no effect.The only downside of the drug can be called extracardiac side effects (discoloration of the skin, muscle weakness, tremors, decreased vision, thyroid disorders).Such reactions occur, if you drink the drug for a long time.But all of them are reversible and disappear after discontinuation of amiodarone.It is recommended to start taking the drug three tablets a day for a week, then gradually reduce the dosage.Receiving drugs should be strictly under medical supervision!
medication tachycardia carried out in order to prevent recurrence of the disease and the development of complications (atrial fibrillation, sudden cardiac death).As a general rule, start taking one of the drugs - beta-blockers or amiodarone.
With the ineffectiveness of monotherapy administered a combination of these drugs.In severe disease, the ineffectiveness of drug treatment and frequent exacerbations tachycardia implantation of pacemaker or cardioverter-defibrillator.
12 Aug, 2017