Doppler ultrasound of vessels of head and neck
Analyses And Studies / / April 26, 2016
- What is a Doppler ultrasound of the brain?
- doppleroskopiya What does the brain?
- Indications UZDG
- Types brain Doppler
- Carrying Doppler cerebral vascular
What is a Doppler ultrasound of the brain?
dopplerographic examination of brain vessels is based on the Doppler effect: sent from the sensor, ultrasonic waves change its length due to the reflection from the blood cells.These are converted to graphics and imaging investigation receptacles formed thereon.UZDG explores the main arteries and veins, but does not allow for sensitivity analysis of the structure and operation of small vessels.
doppleroskopiya What does the brain?
Doppler diagnosis, kind of ultrasound study provides information on the following parameters:
- blood flow;
- vascular characteristics (elasticity, lesions, atherosclerotic plaques);
- tone of vessels (vascular hypotonia, hypertonia);
- presence of narrowing and widening (aneurysms) vessels, their degree of severity.
the need for ultrasound diagnosis of cerebral vessels following complaints indicate:
- frequent dizziness;
- regularly occurring headaches;
- visual disturbances (flashing in the eyes, a sharp decrease of view, is not due to the actual pathology of the eye);
- loss of consciousness;
- memory problems;
- speech disorder;
- poor coordination, balance problems (often caused by cerebellar disorders);
- vegetovascular disorders (chill hands, weight and swelling in the legs);
- sensory disturbances / motor activity.
DOPPLEROGRAPHY vessels is desirable to hold the patient:
- osteochondrosis of the cervical vertebrae;
- with heart and vascular disease (hypertension, stroke, varicose veins, arrhythmias, increased prothrombin);
vascular ultrasound to diagnose in the early stages, as well as to capture the dynamics of the flow of the following pathologies:
- vasoconstriction, vascular stenosis;
- increased intracranial pressure;
- vascular aneurysm;
- arachnoiditis (contraction / expansion of cystic vascular lining of the brain);
- strokes (post stroke predinsultnoe status and change).
Doppler ultrasonography performed:
- transcranial - researched vessels inside the skull, the sensor is installed in the points with a minimum thickness of the bones of the skull (occiput, frontal bone, whiskey);
- extracranial - examines the neck vessels (jugular vein, carotid, vertebral and subclavian arteries), it depends on them coming to the volume of blood to the brain and the degree of outflow.
To create a complete picture of the cerebral circulation, carried out simultaneous Doppler ultrasound vessels of the head and neck.
Especial preparations are required.However, to avoid distortion of the data the doctor has appointed a study warns patients about some limitations:
- is recommended not to take antispasmodics (Baralgin, No-spa, etc...) And medications affecting cerebral blood flow (Cinnarizine, Cere and so forth.)..If cancellation is not possible, it should notify the ultrasound specialist about taking the drug and its dosage.
- Before UZDG should not drink strong tea, coffee and alcohol.
- No smoking (nicotine is temporary, quite obvious spasm of blood vessels, including the head).
- Waiting procedures in a confined space (a bustling hospital corridor, the machine) have a negative impact on the diagnostic results.
Carrying Doppler cerebral vascular
patient dismisses clothes neck (extracranial under study), relieves chains and earrings.Diagnosis is made in the supine position with the head slightly raised.In the survey area acoustic gel applied.Ultrasound specialist tightly leans sensor scalp and deflecting / rotating it, gradually explores vessels.Comparing dynamic performance with the norm (set for each vessel), the doctor identifies deviations, and the visual image formed on the monitor determines the pathology and the degree of its severity.the attending physician determines the diagnosis and to appoint an optimal treatment regimen based on the highly informative ultrasound data.
- During diagnosis it is necessary to the application of the gel on the hair.The patient is notified of the need for follow-up care.It is better to take a personal towel.
- worry about the painful diagnostic procedures should not be.Doppler ultrasound is not only completely safe, but also painless.
- During ultrasonography can not turn his head to speak.Especially it concerns children: usually the mother holds the baby in her arms, holding his head.
- Do not worry about the whistling sound.So ultrasonic device reproduces the noise of the moving blood vessels.
High information UZDG cerebrovascular allows accurately determine the nature of disease and to monitor the dynamics of the treatment with subsequent dose adjustments prescription drugs or their replacement by more efficient.In addition, ultrasound diagnostics of vessels less financially expensive than CT and MRI.
16 May, 2016
16 May, 2016
16 May, 2016