Coagulation during pregnancy
Analyses And Studies / / April 18, 2016
- Coagulation - that kind of analysis?
- value basic coagulation tests
- Coagulation during pregnancy
- Explanation coagulation during pregnancy
- How to prepare for the analysis?
Coagulation - that kind of analysis?
complex tests that characterize the blood's ability to clot, ie the ability to hemostasis, called coagulogram.One part of the test indicates the coagulation process, that is ready to form a blood clot, or - a blood clot.The other part - the process of fibrinolysis, that is, to prevent thrombus formation.
- and comparison (analysis) test results included in the coagulation, may allow time to identify the patients susceptibility to bleeding that could lead, for example, placental abruption.
- contrast, identifying the propensity to thrombosis helps prevent premature birth or miscarriage.
Tests that determine the state of homeostasis, very much.Depending on which of them are used for patient examination, coagulation are basic and deployed.
value basic coagulation tests
- platelets - platelets produced by the bone marrow, their quantity in milliliter of plasma must comply with the interval from 180 to 320 thousand.
- Prothrombin - the precursor protein thrombin - participant of thrombosis.According to the quantitative content of the blood is determined willingness, if necessary, in a timely manner to form a clot.Its normal for a healthy person - from 78% to 142%.
- Fibrinogen - a main part of a blood clot forming.In a healthy person the contents of this protein in plasma liter varies in the range of 2 - 4 g Increasing its concentration indicates the tendency to thrombosis, a reduction - to bleeding.
- APTT - is the period of formation of the initial blood clot.For the duration of aPTT is judged on the effectiveness of the coagulation process and the willingness to prevent bleeding.The blood of a healthy person is capable of forming a clot for 24 - 35 seconds.
- Prothrombin time - PT or INR - is the duration of the final stage of formation of a blood clot, then the number of seconds for which of the fibrinogen forms fibrin.The indicator also characterizes efficiency coagulation.Compliance with the interval of 10 - 18 seconds, indicates the absence of pathology.
- Antithrombin III - a protein, inhibiting thrombin, which slows down the process of blood clotting.Its level in a healthy person's blood is between 70% and 120%.Increasing indicator shows the propensity to bleeding, decreased - to thrombosis.
- Lupus anticoagulant - a specific antibody in a healthy person, they are no blood.Their appearance - reliable evidence of autoimmune conflict in the body.
- D-dimer - the factor resulting from the collapse of blood clots.The increase in this index over 500.0 ng / L shows held thrombosis and embolism probability.
Coagulation during pregnancy
Monitoring of blood clotting is standard on mandatory testing of pregnant women.The first check analysis has assigned to the 12th week of gestation the fetus.Subsequently, in uncomplicated gestation coagulogram assigned once during each trimester of pregnancy:
- before the second ultrasound screening;
- the 32 th week of gestation.
particularly important monitoring coagulation parameters have become pregnant:
- with (-) Rh-factor;
- with a family history of bleeding disorders;
- with autoimmune diseases;
- with varicose veins;
- with the pathology of the liver and blood vessels.
When in charge of a pregnant woman obstetrician doubt or suspicion require the immediate appointment of an extraordinary control examination.
Explanation coagulation during pregnancy
- Platelets - their number may be somewhat reduced in uncomplicated gestation.A significant decrease in the platelet count in the blood indicates pathology.At best, this is evidence of their gipoproduktsii due to insufficient or malnutrition, at worst - a signal DIC.
- Prothrombin - a key figure in the gestation period of blood ready to clot.Exceeding their borders 78% - 142% evidence about the threat or beginning of bleeding.It is an accurate indicator of a possible placental abruption.
- fibrinogen in the blood of pregnant women increases as the formation and development of the fetal circulatory system.Gradually increasing throughout gestation period, the time of delivery it is 6 g per liter each, and even more.The decline is typical for gestosis, increase - for thrombosis.
- aPTT in pregnant women because of the increased blood fibrinogen decreased to 17 - 20 seconds.
- prothrombin time because of the increased amount of fibrinogen during gestation increases its duration reaches the interval 10.1 - 25 seconds.Smaller numbers indicate liver disease.
- Antithrombin III - monitoring of this parameter is required when taking anticoagulants pregnant woman, its reduction to 50% indicates the risk of thrombosis.
- Lupus anticoagulant in uncomplicated gestation in the body is missing.The appearance of lupus antibodies in the blood may indicate gestosis development of Rh-koflikte or an autoimmune disease.
- D-dimer during normal gestation should gradually increase: up to 750 ng / ml in the I trimester;to 1000 ng / ml in II trimester;to 1500 ng / ml in the III trimester.
Such cases do not indicate violations of this physiological improvement of hemostasis.For physiological reasons, a substantial amount of above normal D-dimer may also be in multiple pregnancies.But his leap to say about pathology - eclampsia, diabetes, or kidney disease.
How to prepare for the analysis?
blood for clotting studies shall, as a rule, in the morning or in the morning.An important condition for the reliability of the blood as a result of prior analysis results is in the selection of blood meal break of at least eight hours.
blood coagulation sit on an empty stomach.Violation of this rule, for example, a night snack or breakfast before blood donation smazhet clinical and laboratory picture, will inevitably affect the reliability of the indicators themselves and their subsequent interpretation.
12 May, 2016
12 May, 2016