Encyclopedia Symptoms / / May 27, 2016
Chih (sneezes) - a sudden, violent, uncontrolled air penetration through the nose and mouth.
Sneezing is caused by irritation of the mucous membranes of the nose and throat.This can be very annoying phenomenon, however, it is rarely a sign of a serious problem.
- are allergic to pollen, mold, dander, dust (high body temperature);
- inhalation of some nasal sprays containing corticosteroids;
- cold or flu;
- cancellation of any drugs;
- such stimuli (triggers) such as: dust, dirty or dry air, spicy food, strong emotions, some medicines and powders.
Diagnosis and treatment
avoidance of contact with the allergen (allergen) - the best way to deal with sneezing caused by allergies.
tips to reduce your exposure to allergens:
- install windows special nets that do not allow to penetrate into the house of pollen and seeds (fluff) plants;
- remove pets from the house to get rid of dandruff and microorganisms;
- travel in areas with low pollen;
- use air filters to reduce the pollen in the air;
- wash bedding in hot water (not less than 55 g Celsius.) To kill dust mites.
In some cases, perhaps because of mold spores need to get out of the house.
Sneezing caused by other factors not related to allergies disappear when the disease is that it causes, it is treated.
encourage the patient to consult a doctor if: sneezing effect on his life and health, and if home remedies do not help.
Your doctor will need to perform a diagnostic examination of the nose and throat of the patient.Then, the doctor may ask the patient questions about the history of the disease and its symptoms - such as for example:
- what time of year is enhanced sneezing;
- began when sneezing;
- how long episodes of sneezing lasted for the last time;
- whether there is a history of allergies in a patient;
- whether the patient ever outdoors longer than usual;
- whether a patient new pets;
- that the patient has made to try to alleviate the sneezing;
- how well it worked;
- which still have symptoms of the patient.
In some cases it may be necessary to test for markers (triggers) that cause allergies, to find the cause.
attending physician can offer the patient some of the procedures and lifestyle changes.