Encyclopedia Symptoms / / May 27, 2016
Frequent urination is a need to urinate more often than usual.Untimely urination - sudden compelling urge to urinate, and discomfort in the bladder.
Frequent need to urinate is called "nocturia" in the night.Most people can sleep 6 to 8 hours without having to urinate needs.Men middle-aged and older men often wake to urinate in the early morning hours.
reasons frequent urination
frequent and untimely urination are classic signs of a urinary tract infection.Diabetes, pregnancy, prostate problems - common causes of these symptoms.
Other causes include:
- bladder cancer (not common);
- enlarged prostate or prostate infection;
- drugs - for example, diuretics;
- overactive bladder syndrome;
- radiation therapy in the pelvic area (used to treat certain types of cancer);
- stroke and other brain disorders and nervous system;
- a tumor in the pelvis;
- vaginitis (or coleitis - inflammation of the mucous membrane of the vagina).
Too much caffeine or
treatment often mochetspuskaniya
necessary to follow the treatment prescribed by the attending physician.It is recommended to treat the cause of frequent urination or unusual.It may help to keep a diary of times and amounts of urine in a patient in order to stop frequent urination or unusual.Blog need to show your doctor.
In some cases, the patient may have urinary incontinence over time.Perhaps the patient will have to take measures to keep the urine from his clothes and bedding.
At night urination need to avoid drinking large amounts of fluid before bedtime.We recommend the patient to reduce the amount of coffee and other caffeinated beverages and alcohol.
advise the patient to see a doctor if they have:
- fever, sore back or side, vomiting, or fever;
- increased thirst or appetite, fatigue, or sudden weight loss;
- frequent urination or inopportune, but the patient (th) not pregnant (th), and the patient does not drink excessive amounts of fluid;
- a lifestyle change because of the symptoms;
- bloody or cloudy urine;
- discharge from the penis or vagina.
Your doctor will examine the patient's history of illness, perform diagnostic tests and ask the patient questions.Doctor Questions can be such:
- when an increase in frequency of urination has begun;
- how many times each day, the patient urinates;
- urinating more often throughout the day or only at night;
- whether there is an excessive amount of urine;
- whether a change in urine color: if it became lighter, darker or more turbid than normal;whether the blood therein;
- whether there is pain or burning during urination;
- whether there are other symptoms: increased thirst, abdominal pain, back pain, high body temperature, etc .;
- whether there is a problem with the start of urination;
- whether the patient is drinking more liquids than usual;
- whether the patient has recently inflammation of the bladder;
- whether there is a pregnancy;
- what medicines the patient takes;
- whether the patient in the past, problems with urination;
- not changed if the patient recently your diet;
- whether the patient is drinking beverages containing alcohol or caffeine.
tests that can be done with this symptom include:
- cystometry (or retrograde cystometry - method for determining the threshold adaptive capacity, sensitivity, tone of the detrusor - locking "valve" bladder reflex by recording intravesical pressure duringliquid filling the bladder through a urethral catheter);
- cystoscopy (a medical method of research, type of endoscopy, check the inner surface of the bladder, is performed using an endoscope - a catheter with optical and lighting systems - it is introduced through the urethra);
- neurological tests (for some tasks - term);
- ultrasonography (US - such as abdominal or pelvic);
- urine culture and sensitivity tests.
Treatment depends on the cause of frequent urination and unusual.Antibiotics may be prescribed medication and, if necessary, to reduce discomfort.
14 May, 2016
14 May, 2016