Nausea in pregnant women
Encyclopedia Symptoms / / August 12, 2017
Alternative names: nausea in women in the morning;vomiting in women in the morning;nausea and vomiting during pregnancy;nausea and vomiting during pregnancy
Nausea and vomiting - symptoms that can start a woman at any time of day, and more often in the morning, during pregnancy.
Morning sickness is very common in pregnant women.Most pregnant women have at least nausea, and about a third of them have vomiting.
Morning sickness usually begins during the first month of pregnancy and continues until the 14-16 th week (3rd or 4th month).Some women have nausea and vomiting all her pregnancy.
Morning sickness will not harm the child in any case, if a woman does not lose weight, such as from severe vomiting.Mild weight loss during the first trimester of pregnancy - is not uncommon.Mild symptoms do not pose a risk to the child.
number of morning sickness during the first pregnancy is not predictable.But this often depends on how a woman will feel in future pregnancies.
causes of nausea in pregn
The exact cause of morning sickness is unknown.It can be caused by hormonal changes or lowering blood sugar levels in early pregnancy.Emotional stress, fatigue, travel or some foods can aggravate this problem.Nausea during pregnancy is common and may be exacerbated by twins or triplets.
treatment of nausea in pregnant
recommend that pregnant women constantly try to keep a positive attitude.It must be remembered that morning sickness usually stops after the first 3 or 4 months of pregnancy.To reduce nausea, you can try:
- eat in the morning a few crackers or dry toast immediately after waking up, before getting up;
- snacking before bedtime and nausea go to the bathroom during the night;
- Avoid large meals and instead often, every 1-2 hours during the day, eat snacks and drink plenty of fluids;
- eat foods high in protein and complex carbohydrates - such as peanut butter on apple slices or celery, nuts, cheese, crackers, milk, cottage cheese and yogurt, to avoid the consumption of foods high in fat and salt, and low in nutrientssubstances;
- consume foods containing ginger (they are very effective against morning sickness) - such as ginger tea, ginger candy and ginger soda.
Here are a few recommendations:
- avoid smoking and second-hand smoke;
- do not take the medication during morning sickness.Consult a doctor in the first place;
- often ventilate the premises, getting rid of extraneous odors;
- during nausea have soft foods - such as gelatin, broth, ginger ale, saltine crackers, which can soothe the stomach;
- take vitamins at night.Useful in the diet: vitamin B6 (in the form of vitamin supplements, but it is better to consult a doctor), eating whole grains, nuts, seeds and legumes.
patient should consult a doctor if:
- morning sickness is not going away, despite trying home treatment;
- nausea and vomiting in some women continue after the 4th month of pregnancy;
- woman loses more than one kilogram of weight;
- woman vomiting blood or vomit - brown;
- vomiting in women - more than 3 times a day, or it has fecal incontinence or urine.
doctor will do a physical, including gynecological, examination, and will look for any signs of dehydration.
doctor may ask the following questions of the woman:
- it has only as nausea or vomiting;
- every day if there are nausea and vomiting;
- whether it lasts all day;
- whether it may have fecal incontinence, or urine;
- if she travels frequently;
- to change her life schedule;
- if she feels the stress;
- what foods she consumes;
- if she smokes;
- that it makes to feel better;
- what other symptoms she has - is there any headaches, abdominal pain, breast tenderness, dry mouth, excessive thirst, unintended weight loss, etc., etc.
doctor may do the following tests:
- blood tests, including a general analysis and biochemical analysis of blood;
12 Aug, 2017
12 Aug, 2017