Encyclopedia Symptoms / / August 12, 2017
Dry hair - hair is not enough moisture and fat to maintain normal luster and texture.
Causes of dry hair
- anorexia nervosa (an abnormal condition that occurs in adolescence and manifests itself in a conscious, persistent restriction of food intake until denial of food for the purpose of weight loss, anorexia nervosa syndrome occurs when some nerve-psihicheskih diseases);
- excessive shampooing or use harsh soaps or alcohol;
- excessive blow-drying the hair;
- dry indoor air (environmental dryness);
- Menkes syndrome (impaired cellular copper transport in which the slowdown observed pathology of the nervous system, as well as the characteristic twist of hair, for which this condition is also called the "disease of curly hair" complex of these symptoms caused by mutations in ATP7A gene encoding ATP.ase, which participates in the absorption of copper from food and copper ions transfer into other cells);
- Power failure (. Eg, kwashiorkor disease - severe form of dystrophy in the background of
- a disease of the parathyroid glands (hypoparathyroidism);
- thyroid disease (hypothyroidism).
Diagnosis and treatment of dry hair
- shampoo should be consumed less frequently - perhaps only once or twice a week;
- add air conditioning;
- avoid drying effects are too strong and dryers and other styling products.
You should contact your doctor if:
- kind of hair does not improve with treatment;
- the patient's hair fall out;
- the patient has any other unexplained symptoms.
doctor will perform the examination and may ask the following questions:
- whether hair has always been a bit dry or - from case to case;
- when unusual dryness of hair first appeared;
- what the patient's eating habits;
- what shampoo patient uses;
- how often the patient washes the hair;
- if the patient uses the air conditioner, what type;
- what the patient's usual hair style;
- if the patient uses the hair dryer, what type and how often;
- What other symptoms are also present.
Diagnostic tests that may be performed include:
- microscopic examination of hair;
- blood tests.
12 Aug, 2017