Spasms of the hands and feet
Encyclopedia Symptoms / / May 27, 2016
Spasms of hands, fingers or toes - a contraction of the muscles in them.Spasms, tend to be short, but may be severe and painful..
See also: muscle cramps
Depending on the cause, may be present the following symptoms:
- muscle weakness;
- numbness, tingling, or a feeling of "pins and needles";
- uncontrolled, purposeless, rapid motions.
Night leg cramps are of conductive for the elderly.
Common causes spasms of the hands or feet
cramps or spasms in the muscles often do not have clear reasons.Possible causes spasm of the hands or feet include:
- brain disorder , diseases such as, for example: Parkinson's disease (or Parkinsonism - a progressive gradual neurological chronic degenerative disease of the extrapyramidal motor system, typical for older people Caused Parkinsonism destruction and death.. neurons that produce the neurotransmitter dopamine in the central nervous system departments Insufficient production of dopamine leads to the activating eff
- chronic kidney disease (CKD -. Kidney damage or reduction of their functions for three months or more disease is classified into 5 stages, differing in tactics of treatment of the patient and the risk of cardiovascular complications and renal disease) and dialysis (exemption andpurification using semi-permeable membranes and colloidal solutions of substances of high molecular substances from impurities dissolved electrolytes and low molecular weight non-electrolytes in them. Usually process of its dialysis rate is extremely low. based on diffusion and osmosis processes that explains ways to accelerate .. dialysis is also used in the manufacture of drugs);
- damage to a nerve or a group of the same nerves (mononeuropathy - dysfunction of individual peripheral nerve; Some individual peripheral nerves because of its location, damaged more frequently than others are: the median nerve at the wrist, the ulnar nerve is passing in the area.the elbow, the radial nerve in the forearm and the peroneal nerve in the calf), or several different nerves (TNG - polyneuropathy or Polyradiculopathy - is a common symmetric pathological process, multiple lesions of peripheral nerves, which manifests sensitivity disorders, peripheral flaccid paralysis, vascular and trophic disorders, mainlyin the distal extremities TNG -. frequently occurring diseases of the peripheral nervous system is sensitive change, reduction of strength, pain in arms and legs, as well as trophic disorders PNP is difficult to be cured, brings a lot of suffering, often chronic, progressive course...When the PNP suffer distant sites of peripheral nerves and observed changes in the distal portions of the lower and upper limbs, which affects the diffuse, symmetrical, left and right) connected to the muscles;
- dehydration (not enough fluid in the body);
- illnesses and injuries of peripheral nerves;
- heavy exercise;
-. Hyperventilation (intense, rapid or deep breathing that exceeds the needs of the human body oxygen hyperventilation can be a symptom of the disease, as well as breathing way of diving -. Controlled and uncontrolled based on hyperventilation spend breathing techniques This phenomenon occurs when.surface portion breathing when breath is in the upper part of the chest, leading to a decrease in the blood level of carbon dioxide. reduction of carbon dioxide leads to the fact that the organism is suffering from hypoxia, because it does not give a hemoglobin oxygen. Arteries are reduced, and lessblood is distilled through the body in this case, the brain and body are experiencing a lack of oxygen), which can often occur with anxiety or panic.;
- increase in phosphate levels in the body;
- muscle cramps, usually caused by excessive exercising, or employment;
- pregnancy - often in the third trimester;
- reduction in the level of magnesium and calcium in the body;
- thyroid disease;
- a serious lack of vitamins;
- the use of certain medications.
Treatment spasms of the hands or feet
- If the cause cramping hands or feet is a deficiency of vitamin D, the additional vitamin D should be taken under a doctor's guidance.Also, calcium supplements can help.
- You can do stretching exercises that will help make the muscles stronger.
- An active lifestyle also helps to keep muscles loose.Aerobic exercise, especially swimming, and effortless hard work - can be the prevention of spasm of hands and feet.Games, sports and the daily tasks can help, but they may also overload impair human health.
- Drinking plenty of fluids during exercise is also important.
If the patient noticed recurrent spasms of your hands or feet, he should consult a doctor.
doctor will study the history of the patient's illness and hold his examination.Also, the laboratory blood tests and urine bolnogo.Voprosy doctor about spasms of the hands or feet of the patient can be carried out may include the following:
- if cramps occur unexpectedly or unjustly;
- whether spasms last a long time;
- the age at which the patient first appeared cramps;
- spasms occur within a few weeks or a few months;
- if cramps occur several times (periodically);
- whether several consecutive spasm occurs (whether they are repeated);
- spasms occur quickly or slowly;
- whether spasms be voluntarily suppressed;
- how long the patient had spasms;
- whether the patient worse when he goes in for sports;
- how much calcium containing foods (eg, dairy products), the patient eats;
- that the patient tried to do to cure cramps;It was as effective;
- which still have symptoms of the patient;
- whether the patient a feeling of numbness or "pins";
- whether the patient muscle weakness;
- whether the patient's fatigue;
- whether the patient's muscle spasms in other places other than the hands or feet;
- whether the patient's seizures.
Tests may include the following:
- blood tests to measure magnesium and calcium;
- measurement of hormone levels;
- tests for kidney function;
- tests on the level of vitamin D (25-OH vitamin D).
21 May, 2016
21 May, 2016