Encyclopedia Symptoms / / May 27, 2016
fingers or toes may change color when they are exposed to cold temperatures or stress or when there is a problem with their blood supply.
reasons blueing fingers
- Buerger's disease (thromboangiitis obliterans or - systemic immunopathological inflammatory disease of the arteries and veins, mostly small and medium diameter, with secondary elements autoimmune aggression);
- Permafrost (a painful inflammation of the small blood vessels);
- cryoglobulinemia (accompanied by the presence of serum "cold" proteins - of abnormal immunoglobulins - cryoglobulins);
- frostbite (or frostbite - damage to body tissues under the influence of low temperatures, often accompanied by a general overcooling of the body and most often affects the protruding body parts - ears, nose, of insufficient limbs - fingers and toes, extends from the more remote areas of organs to the lessremote);
- necrotizing vasculitis (inflammation of blood vessels or necrosis caused by deposition of immune complexes in the vessel wall o
- peripheral arterial disease (the most common disease that leads to progressive narrowing and complete blockage of the lumen of the aorta and the main arteries - is atherosclerosis, in addition to chronic arterial insufficiency cause diseases such as thromboangiitis obliterans and nespetsifichecky aortoarteriit; they manifest the syndrome of chronicischemia - lack of oxygen-rich arterial blood supply) - limbs or internal organs;
- Raynaud's phenomenon - a sudden change in the finger color ranges - from pale to red or blue;
- scleroderma (an unusual form of arthritis that is described as "the skin hardening," as it is one of the main manifestations in this disease, diffuse disease of connective tissue, which in some areas of the skin, and sometimes the entire skin, delayed scar tissue, skin changesmay occur in the face, neck, chest, abdomen);
- systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE, or disease Libman-Sacks - diffuse autoimmune connective tissue disease characterized by systemic immunnokompleksnym lesion of connective tissue and its derivatives, with the affect of microvasculature vessels; produced by human immune system antibodies damage the DNA of healthy cells, mostly damaged connective tissuewith the obligatory presence of a vascular component).
treatment and home care
- recommend avoiding smoking;
- we recommend: Avoid exposure to cold in any form, wear mittens or gloves outdoors and when handling ice or frozen food products;Avoid hypothermia, which can occur after any recreation and sport;wear comfortable, roomy shoes and wool socks.The street always wear comfortable shoes
patient should contact her doctor for appointments if:
- his fingers change color, and the reason - is not known;
- fingers or toes turn black or the patient's skin has spots.
doctor will perform inspection of the patient, which includes careful examination of the hands and fingers.The doctor will ask the patient questions about medical history and symptoms, including:
- how long it lasts;
- suddenly if fingers or toes change color;
- Do not change the color of fingers happened before;
- what are aggravating factors;
- not cold and not emotions whether caused that the fingers (toes) become white or blue;
- whether it could happen after anesthesia;
- whether the patient smokes;
- other symptoms;
- how strong the pain;
- if your fingers are sore on the legs when the patient is standing or talking;
- whether there is a change in the texture of the skin of the patient.
tests that can be done include:
- complete blood count;
- a differential blood count;
- antinuclear antibody blood test;
- X-rays of patients with hand or foot.
Treatment depends on the causes of the disease.
12 Jun, 2016
12 Jun, 2016