Causes of crying in newborns
Encyclopedia Symptoms / / May 26, 2016
Babies usually cry about 1-3 hours a day.It's perfectly normal for a baby - cry when he hungry, thirsty, tired, or one in pain.It is also normal for a child - to have a fussy period in the evening.
However, if the baby cries too often or for long periods, it may be a sign of something that needs treatment.
Causes of crying in infants
- loneliness (if the mother somewhere out);
- abdominal cramps;
- discomfort or irritation from wet or dirty nappies (diapers), excessive gas, or feeling cold, hunger, thirst;
- infection (probable cause if the crying is accompanied by irritability, lethargy, poor appetite, or fever - then an urgent need to show the child to the doctor);
- normal muscle jerks and twitches that disturb sleep;
- pain, including dental ( "cut" teeth).
What to do if your child constantly crying
Home care depends on the cause.Follow the advice of your doctor.
If a child, despite the short, frequent feeding, - constantly hungry, you need to talk to
If a child is crying because of boredom or loneliness, can be useful to touch it, hold it a little longer on the hands, talk more with the baby and put it in sight.It is also good to put around the child safe toys - where the child can see them.If a child is crying because of the sleep disorders before put him to bed, you need to wrap it tightly in a blanket.
Excessive crying children because of their cold dress warmly or adjust the room temperature.As a general rule, if an adult is cold, and the child also cold.
always good to find out exactly possible causes pain or discomfort in a crying child.When using cloth diapers, diaper pins look at that have become free, or become tightly wrapped around fingers or toes.Intertrigo can also be inconvenient.Measure the child's body temperature to see if it has risen.Check the child from head to toe for any injuries.Pay special attention to the fingers and toes, as well as on the genitals.Often hair caught in the cloth, which wrapped the child, causing him pain or discomfort.
You should contact your doctor or nurse if:
- excessive crying baby remains unexplained and lasts more than 2 days, despite the attempts of treatment at home;
- the child has other symptoms - such as fever, along with excessive crying.
doctor or nurse will examine your child and may ask you questions about his medical history and symptoms of the disease.Questions can be such:
- erupt if the baby teeth;
- whether the child is bored, lonely, if he is hungry for a long time, how long is hungry;
- whether the child has a lot of gas;
- What other symptoms have a child;
- whether the child is difficult to wake up;
- if he had a fever (fever);
- if he had a temper;
- bad if he had any appetite;
- if he had any vomiting or diarrhea.
doctor or nurse will check the child's growth and development.
Antibiotics may be prescribed if the child has a bacterial infection.
07 Jun, 2016
07 Jun, 2016
07 Jun, 2016