Encyclopedia Symptoms / / August 12, 2017
Intertrigo - is inflammation of the skin.Intertrigo usually arises and develops in warm, moist areas of the body - where two skin surfaces rub against each other, or put pressure on each other.Such areas are called "skin folds."
Causes of diaper rash
Intertrigo affects the top layers of skin.Most often it is due to: moisture, bacteria, yeast, fungi, or folds of skin.Skin lesions, usually come from pink to brown.If the skin is very moist, it may begin to break down.In severe cases, you may even odor.
Intertrigo is most common in people who are obese.It can also be seen in people who have a very long time to stay in bed or those who wear medical technical devices - such as artificial limbs, braces and tires.These devices retain moisture in the skin.
Intertrigo is more common in warm and humid climates.
home If diaper rash can help weight loss and frequent moving body position.
Other things that a person can do in the case of diaper rash skin:
- keep the area with skin folds open a
- substitute the fans run wet areas to dry them;
- wearing a loose-fitting clothing.
patient should consult a doctor if:
- diaper rash does not go away, even with good care at home;
- affected skin area extends beyond the skin folds.
only examined the skin, your doctor can tell if her diaper rash.
Research may include:
- examination of skin scrapings to rule out a fungal infection;
- Wood's lamp (black light - a diagnostic device allowing to identify the flora and some skin diseases), to prevent bacterial infection called "erythrasma";
- skin biopsy to confirm the diagnosis (rarely done).
diaper rash treatment options include:
- antibiotics or antifungal cream that is applied to the skin;
- drying the skin;
- low doses of steroid creams;
- creams that protect the skin from moisture and infections.