Sensitivity to cold
Encyclopedia Symptoms / / May 25, 2016
Alternative names: cold intolerance
cold intolerance is an abnormal sensitivity of the person to a cold environment and low temperatures.
sensitivity to cold may be a sign of metabolic (associated with metabolic) problems.
Some people, especially very thin women who do not tolerate low temperatures, since they have very little body fat in your body and, consequently, can not get warm.
reasons sensitivity to cold
- anorexia nervosa;
- the problem of blood vessels - such as Raynaud's syndrome (vasospastic disease is angiotrofonevroz mainly affecting the small arteries and arterioles of the end, affects the upper limbs are usually symmetrical and bilaterally, occurs in 3-5% of the population, and women -5 times more often than men);
- severe chronic diseases;
- general poor health;
- the hypothalamus problem.
Diagnosis and treatment of sensitivity to cold
Home Care.Follow the recommended therapy for the treatment of the causes of the problem.
patient should contact their doctor if they have a long-term or extreme intolerance to cold.
Your doctor will examine the medical history and perform a physical examination.
Medical doctor questions the patient may include:
- how long it lasts attack sensitivity to cold, and c of the period;
- whether the patient has always been intolerant of cold - or only recently;
- arose whether this problem only recently;
- if symptoms become worse;
- whether the patient often feels cold when other people do not complain about the cold;
- history of the disease;
- what is the diet of the patient;
- what is his general state of health;
- what are its size and weight;
- what other symptoms he has.
Diagnostic tests that may be performed:
- complete blood count;
- TSH in serum;
- thyroid hormone levels.
If the doctor diagnoses a cold intolerance, the patient can mark it as a diagnosis in your personal medical record.
02 May, 2016
02 May, 2016