Sensitivity to heat
Encyclopedia Symptoms / / August 12, 2017
Alternative names: intolerance to heat
sensitivity to heat refers to the sensation of overheating.Increase in body temperature caused by various factors (the summer heat, a hot bath, fever, intense exercise, etc) is one of the reasons for the deterioration of nerve conduction.Most people say that when overheated they feel more tired and sluggish, there is heavy sweating.
heat intolerance usually develops slowly and lasts for a long time, but can also come quickly and be a serious disease.
However, it is important to remember that the heat exposure leads to only a temporary worsening of symptoms and causes no irreversible damage organic (demyelination or nerve damage) .Simptomy tend to fade with decreasing temperature.
Common causes sensitivity to heat
intolerance to heat can be caused by:
- amphetamines.This central nervous system stimulants, phenylethylamine derivatives element.Amphetamines can cause psychological dependence.Typically, amphetamines are common drugs and have clear
- multiple sclerosis;
- too much thyroid hormone (hyperthyroidism).
treatment and home care
- keep the room temperature at a level of comfort;
- drink plenty of fluids.
patient should see a doctor if they have unexplained heat intolerance and heat.
The attending physician must examine the patient's disease history and perform diagnostic tests.
doctor Questions may include the following:
- when symptoms occur;
- whether a patient heat intolerance before;
- if the patient becomes worse when he goes in for sports;
- whether the patient changes for better or worse;
- whether the patient's dizziness or fainting;
- whether the patient's profuse sweating;
- whether the patient's body numbness or weakness;
- whether the patient's heart rate or rapid pulse.
tests that may be performed include:
- blood tests;
- research thyroid (TSH, T3, free T4).