Encyclopedia Symptoms / / August 12, 2017
lordosis - a disease that is characterized by an abnormal curvature of the spine in which its convex portion facing forward.
spine has three types of curves:
- kyphotic curves - are external curve of the thoracic spine (at the level of the ribs);
- lordotic curves - belong to the inner curve of the lumbar spine (just above the buttocks);
- scoliotic curvature - a lateral curvature of the spine that is always abnormal.
Minor degree as kyphotic and lordotic curvature is normal.Too much kyphotic curvature causes round or hunched shoulders (Scheuermann Mau disease).
Too much lordotic curvature is called a "swayback" ( "lordosis").Lordosis tends to make a person more prominent buttocks.Children with significant lordosis have a large space under the lower part of the back, lying on her back on a firm surface.
If the lordotic curve of the child's flexible and mobile (when a child leans forward, and the curve with the changes) - it is usually fine if the spin flexible, lordosis is usually not considered s
Causes of and Treatment of lordosis
- benign (harmless)) lordosis minors - are not significant from the point of view of medicine;
Parents should consult a doctor if they notice that their child has a strange posture or curve your back.The curvature of the back should be diagnosed in order to accurately determine whether it is a medical problem.
doctor would conduct a diagnostic examination of a sick child.It can tilt the child forward, to the side and lying on the table - so that the child's spine can be considered from different angles and in different positions.
may be asked questions about the history of the child's illness, including these:
- time diagram;
- when parents first noticed the irregular curve with your child;
- whether the curve becomes worse or more noticeable over time;
- better or worse lordotic curve after the doctor checks;
- what is the quality of the curve;
- a sick child's parents would describe this curve;
- whether parents, that the curve of the child does not seem to change and in what direction;
- what are the symptoms;
- What other symptoms are also present.
In some cases - especially if the curve seems "fixed" (not flexible), can be recommended for a sick child the following diagnostic tests:
- sacral spine x-rays;
- some other diagnostic tests to rule out suspected violations.
12 Aug, 2017
12 Aug, 2017