Encyclopedia Symptoms / / May 24, 2016
Alternative names: swelling axilla;localized lymphadenopathy armpit, axillary lymph nodes;enlarged lymph nodes;axillary abscess.
lymphadenopathy armpits - a swelling of one or more lymph nodes under the arm.Lymphadenopathy - frequent condition, manifesting swollen lymph nodes of the lymphatic system of any etiology.
If a woman notices a lump or swelling of the arm, it should immediately be checked by a doctor, as this may be a sign of breast cancer.
Swollen lymph nodes armpit can have many causes.Lymph nodes are filters that can hold (stop) bacteria or cancerous tumor cells.When this occurs, the lymph nodes increase in size, it is easy to feel.
cysts and skin infections can be caused by underarm shaving or using deodorants, antiperspirants.It is most often seen in adolescents who are just beginning to shave their armpits.
abscesses under the skin may also produce large, painful compression in the axilla.
Other causes may include swelling underarm:
- HIV / AIDS;
- chest infections;
- disease "cat scratch";
- cancer - lymphoma or breast cancer;
- varicella (chickenpox);
- infectious mononucleosis;
- lipoma (harmless fatty growths);
- normal breast tissue, extending in the axillary region;
- the use of certain medications or vaccination;
- rupture of silicone breast implants (if the woman had previous plastic surgery for breast reconstruction),
- Shingles (herpes).
Home care depends on the cause of edema.Your doctor will check and determine the cause, unexplained lumps under the arm.It is not necessary to diagnose lumps without professional help.The doctor or nurse will examine the patient and may try to find out his history and the possible presence of symptoms such as:
- time of occurrence of edema;
- the patient gets better or worse, everything remains the same, always;
- whether chest pain;
- any notable factors that increase the pain;
- possibly other symptoms, etc.
Physical examination may include a slight press of the finger tips nodes.Testing depends on what is found during physical examination.