Encyclopedia Symptoms / / August 12, 2017
Claw toes - is the result of foot deformities, when the ankle is bent upward and the other toe joints are bent down.
Claw toes is present at birth (congenital disease).It can also develop later in life because of other disorders (acquired disease).Claw toes can be caused by nerve problems in the legs or spinal cord problems.The cause is unknown in many cases.
Claw toes are usually not harmful in itself, but it may be the first sign of a more serious disease of the nervous system.The claw fingers can cause pain and lead to blisters in the upper leg, but may also be painless.This condition can cause problems with wearing obuvin.
reasons claw toes
ankle fractures - surgery;
- Cerebral Palsy (impaired motor function and coordination for various reasons caused by brain damage at birth or shortly thereafter);
- disease Charcot-Marie-Tooth (CMT - an inherited incurable neurological disorder, affects the peripheral nervous system, takes many forms, characterized by loss of muscle tissue and touch
- other diseases of the brain and nervous system;- Rheumatoid arthritis (systemic disease of the connective tissue, mainly affecting the small joints).
Treatment and Diagnosis
patient should contact their doctor if he thinks he can have claw toes.
doctor will do an exam to test the muscles, nerves and spinal problems.Diagnostic examination will probably include an additional inspection of the feet and hands.
doctor may ask the patient questions about his condition - such as:
- when the patient first noticed it;
- if the patient becomes worse;
- Does this symptom on both feet;
- whether there is a patient at the same time and other symptoms;
- whether the patient's unhealthy sensations in the legs;
- are there any other family members of the same symptom.
irregular shape of the toe can cause increased pressure and calluses or ulcers on the fingers.
possible, the patient will have to wear special shoes to ease the pressure.Claw toes can also be treated surgically.
12 Aug, 2017
12 Aug, 2017