Feminizing tumor of the adrenal cortex
Endocrinology / / August 12, 2017
The disease is extremely rare, it is described in males.
estrogen-producing tumors of the adrenal cortex - corticosteroma - are built of light and dark cells and morphologically different from the benign and malignant tumors that produce androgens and corticoids.
clinical picture is characterized by the development of female secondary sexual characteristics - the growth of the mammary glands, the distribution of fat on the female type and demaskulinizatsiey - an increase in voice frequency, the cessation of the growth of facial hair, decreased libido and potency.In some cases where the tumor, along with an increased amount of estrogen produces excessive amounts of androgens, it can be expressed demaskulinizatsiya slightly.Excessive development of the tumor, along with estrogen, glucocorticoid, besides feminization may experience symptoms of Cushing, Cushing syndrome characteristic - Cushing.
characteristic is to increase the allocation of urine estrogen.A
Diagnosis and differential diagnosis
diagnosis is based on the appearance of the persons male female secondary sexual characteristics and the same diagnostic techniques that are used to detect adrenal tumors at all.
- Physiology of the adrenal cortex
- Chronic adrenal insufficiency.Addison's disease
- blood supply and innervation of the adrenal
- Clinical evaluation of laboratory studies of the functional state of the adrenal cortex
- Determination of corticosteroids and their metabolites in urine
- Diagnosis and differential diagnosis of congenital adrenal hyperplasia
- Treatment of chronic adrenal insufficiency
- apoplexy adrenal cortex.Syndrome Waterhouse-Friderichsen (waterhouse- friderichsen)
- virilizing congenital adrenal hyperplasia
- Treatment of congenital adrenal hyperplasia
- Acute adrenocortical insufficiency
feminizing adrenocortical tumor subject to surgical treatment.Because the tumor, along with estrogen, can produce excessive amounts of glucocorticoid, resulting in atrophy of adrenal second, the operation must be carried out under cover of cortisone, as with other hormonally active adrenocortical tumors.