Irritable bowel syndrome , or noise, rumbling in the stomach and intestines : Causes
Encyclopedia Symptoms / / August 12, 2017
sounds in the abdomen - a bowel sounds, bowel movements produced during the passage of food through it.Bathed in acid food moves back and forth and gradually moves down the intestine.At this time, the splitting occurs and the absorption of nutrients.Sometimes this process is accompanied by certain sounds.After four to six hours most of the food leaves the stomach.empty bowel sounds similar to the sound of water pipes.
Most bowel sounds are harmless and simply indicate that the gastrointestinal tract is working.A doctor can check the abdominal sounds by listening to the abdomen with a stethoscope (auscultation).
However, there are some cases where unusual bowel sounds are able to provide valuable information about the health of the organism.
One such example is a bowel obstruction.This is a condition in which there is no intestinal activity.Many causes can lead to intestinal obstruction.It is important to diagnose it in time, because the gas, liquid and intestinal contents can accumulate and cause dama
Reduce volume, tone, or regularity of sounds (hypoactive).This is a sign that the intestinal activity slowed.
hyperactive bowel sounds are normal during sleep, and also occur normally for a short time after the application of certain medications and after abdominal surgery.Such sounds can sometimes be heard even without a stethoscope.Such loud bowel sounds mean that the present increase in intestinal activity, it may be due to diarrhea and after eating.
Decreased or absent bowel sounds often indicate constipation.
Abdominal sounds are always evaluated together with symptoms such as:
- Flatulence and bloating
- frequency or absence of defecation
- Abdominal pain
If in addition hypoactive or hyperactive bowel sounds are present and other alarmingsymptoms, you should contact your doctor.
Causes of noise and rumbling in the abdomen
Common causes hyperactive, hypoactive, or there is no sound in the gut:
- Violation of circulation.Blocking blood vessels do not provide proper blood flow intestine.
- mechanical intestinal obstruction caused by ?? hernia, tumor, adhesions, or similar conditions that can block the intestines.
- Paralytic ileus caused by neurological problems in the gut.Reduced nerve activity can result from:
- Blocking blood vessels
- bowel Lock
- chemical imbalances, such as hypokalemia
- overexpansion bowel
reasons hypoactive bowel sounds:
- Medicationsthat slow the movement of the intestine, including codeine, anticholinergics, and phenothiazines
- General anesthesia
- Radiation therapy is carried out in
belly - Spinal anesthesia
- Surgery in the abdomen
reasons for hyperactive bowel sounds:
- Food allergies
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- infectious enteritis
- ulcerative colitis
diagnostics noise causes and rumbling in the abdomen
Studies appointed for the diagnosis of the causes of abnormal noisein the abdomen, may include:
- abdominal CT
abdominal cavity - blood tests
First aid for noise and rumbling in the stomach
- Try a little snack.Take a few minutes for the snack to silence his stomach.Thus, you will be able to prevent the occurrence of sounds in the stomach.
- Try not to swallow air while eating or talking.Do not try to breathe, it will only exacerbate the unpleasant sounds.Try it for a while and breathe intermittently superficially.
- Immediately contact your doctor if you have symptoms such as:
- Bleeding from the rectum
- Diarrhea or constipation that continues for a long time, not responding to treatment
Whenyou need to appoint a medication to relieve the symptoms and eliminate the cause of the problem, if any.In some cases, it may require surgery.
However, often the cause rumbling and discomfort in the abdomen is a goiter.Fight with dysbiosis should comprehensively.Removing products from the intestinal disintegration must be combined with the use of rich lacto-and bifidobacteria or components that contribute to its growth.For example, at a dysbacteriosis colic and helps use dual-action drug - liquid coal.On the one hand sorbent pectin cleanses the digestive system of toxins, eliminating harmful substances.On the other hand prebiotic inulin creates in the intestines of a favorable environment for bacteria - aides digestion.The solution of these two problems helps to quickly and safely get rid of dysbiosis and unpleasant sensations in the stomach.