Swelling in the abdomen : Causes
Encyclopedia Symptoms / / May 21, 2016
Under tumors in the abdomen are understood in a broad clinical sense tumors, inflammatory infiltrates, enlarged lymph nodes, stretched hollow organs, and so on. D.
abdominal swelling is usually detected during a routine medical examination.Most of the time it develops slowly.You can not feel it rise for a very long time.
The abdomen is usually divided into four areas:
- Right upper quadrant
Other terms used to describe a place of pain or swelling in the abdomen includeyourself:
- epigastric region - center of the abdomen just below the rib
Causes of tumor in the abdomen:
- abdominal aortic aneurysm cancause swelling around the navel.
- Bladder distension may lead to tumor formation in the center of the lower abdomen of the pelvic bone.
- Cholecystitis can cause a very painful tumor that is felt below the liver in the right upper quadrant.
- Colon cancer can cause tumors virtually anywhere in the abdomen.
- intestinal obstruction or Crohn's disease can cause pain and swelling in the abdomen anywhere.
- Diverticulitis can cause a tumor, which is usually located in the lower left quadrant.
- The gall bladder may cause pain, irregular tumor in the right upper quadrant.
- hydronephrosis (kidney filled with liquid) may lead to a smooth, spongy feel to the tumor with one or two sides.
- Kidney cancer can sometimes cause swelling in the abdomen.
- Liver cancer can lead to numerous tumors in the upper right quadrant.
- Increase in the liver (hepatomegaly) can lead to uneven swelling below the right side of the chest or on the left side of the abdomen.
- Neuroblastoma, a malignant tumor often found in the lower abdomen, and mostly occurs in children and infants.
- ovarian cyst can cause a smooth, round, firm swelling above the pelvis in the lower abdomen.
- An abscess of the pancreas can cause swelling in the upper abdomen in the epigastric region.
- pseudocyst of the pancreas leads to lumpy tumor in the upper abdomen in the epigastric region.
- Kidney cancer can lead to smooth, firm, but not painful tumor near the kidney (usually only affects one kidney).
- Splenomegaly, or abnormal increase in spleen size, can sometimes be felt in the upper left quadrant.
- Stomach cancer can cause the tumor in the left upper abdomen in the epigastric region, if the cancer is large.
- uterine leiomyoma (fibroids) can cause a round, kuskoobraznoy tumors of the pelvis in the lower abdomen, which sometimes can be felt if a large fibroid
- Volvulus can cause swelling in the epigastric region.
- Tumors UPJ develop in the lower abdomen.
tumors Diagnostics abdominal
all abdominal tumors, tumors, foreign bodies should be considered as soon as possible by health care workers.
studies that can be done to find the cause of the tumor in the abdomen include:
- abdominal CT
- abdominal ultrasound
- X-ray of the abdomen
- barium enema
- Blood tests, including biochemical analysisblood
- Upper endoscopy (EGD)
- Isotopic studies
seek immediate medical help if you have a pulsating lump in the abdomen, along with severe pain.This may be an indication of rupture of an aortic aneurysm.
28 Apr, 2016
28 Apr, 2016