Encyclopedia Symptoms / / May 20, 2016
Alternative names: disorientation thinking;confusion of thought;confusion of thoughts
Confusion - is the inability to think in his usual speed and clarity of the thinking process of the brain, including feeling disoriented, weakened attention, remembering and making decisions.
confusion of thoughts can occur quickly or slowly over time, depending on its cause.Often confusion is temporary.In other cases it is permanent and incurable - it may be associated with delirium or dementia.
Confusion is more common in older people, and often occurs during a hospital stay.Some people from the confusion may have strange or unusual behavior or may act aggressively.
- alcohol intoxication;
- a brain tumor;
- concussion of the brain;
- excess fluid and electrolyte imbalance;
- head injury or traumatic brain injury;
- disease of the elderly person;
- disease in a person with existing neurological disease - especially such as stroke;
- lack of sleep (sleep deprivati
- low blood sugar;
- low oxygen levels (eg, chronic lung disease);
- nutrient deficiency, particularly niacin, thiamine, vitamin C or vitamin B12;
- a sudden drop in body temperature (hypothermia), etc.
Diagnosis and treatment confusion
good way to learn, not whether someone is confused whether the person confusion of thoughts - is to ask his or her name, age and date.If a person is not sure or wrong answer, it means that there is such a disease.
Sudden confusion of thoughts may occur due to low blood sugar (eg, after a diabetes medication) - the person should drink a sweet drink or eat a sweet snack immediately.If the confusion lasts longer than 10 minutes, you should call a doctor.
person having this symptom (disease), should not be abandoned by their loved ones and deprived of attention.In order to his security he may be required to limit its physical actions.
How can you help such a patient:
- always think of the past, how well the person once knew you;
- often remind him of his location;
- put the calendar and the clock with such a person;
- tell him about current events and plans for the day;
- try to get around the patient's atmosphere was calm, quiet and peaceful.
necessary to call a doctor if there is a sudden confusion of thoughts or have other symptoms - such as:
- cold or clammy skin;
- dizziness or a feeling of weakness;
- rapid pulse;
- fever (high body temperature);
- slow or rapid breathing;
- uncontrollable shivering;
- confusion of thought occurs suddenly in a patient with diabetes;
- confusion of thoughts occurs after a head injury;
- a person can lose consciousness at any time.
doctor will examine and ask questions:
- whether man days and nights mixed up;whether he consciousness during normal sleep;
- if he has trouble recognizing people;
- whether a person needs to know where he is;
- whether he knows the date and time;
- whether the person can answer the questions correctly;
- Do a lot of thoughts confusion episodes;
- how quickly worsens the confusion of thought;
- how quickly this symptom comes and goes;
- treated if the patient recently from any disease;
- if he had a recent head injury;
- whether a person has diabetes patients;
- whether patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), chronic bronchitis, or a similar lung disorder;
- what medicines the patient takes;
- whether on the patient any influence of drugs or alcohol.
Diagnostic TTEST may include:
- blood tests;
- CT of the head;
- electroencephalogram (EEG);
- tests of mental status;
- neuropsychological tests;
- do not drink a lot of alcohol;
- Eat a balanced diet with plenty of vitamins, minerals and fiber, avoid bad cholesterol;
- you need a healthy and proper sleep;
- observe the careful control of blood sugar levels if you have diabetes;
- quit smoking, because it puts you at a higher risk of lung disease;
- take prescribed medication;
- engaged in daily physical activity, including walking in the fresh air;
- constantly develop and train the brain and memory.
chki depending on its localization may more or less influence on visual field and vision.Treatment is only possible with respect to the coloboma of the iris.You can perform plastic surgery.