Acute adrenocortical insufficiency
Endocrinology / / May 21, 2016
Acute adrenocortical insufficiency may complicate primary chronic adrenal insufficiency (Addison's crisis), occur in patients with secondary gipokortitsizm or be the result of adrenal hemorrhage (Waterhouse syndrome - Fride-richsen).
acute adrenal insufficiency in patients with secondary gipokortitsizm associated with a decrease adrenocorticotropic pituitary function or develop after long-term treatment of glucocorticoid or their synthetic analogues, and after removal of the hormonally active adrenal tumors, seen in essentially the same symptoms as that of Addison crisis.
clinical features, distinguishes these forms of diseases from a classical crisis in patients with primary chronic insufficiency of the adrenal cortex, is that vascular collapse can be poorly defined;dominated by a sharp asthenia, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, symptoms of hypoglycemia.
diagnosis in such patients can be supplied without great difficulty on the basis of clinical history and characteristic clinical symptoms.In t
- Physiology of the adrenal cortex
- Chronic adrenal insufficiency.Addison's disease
- combination of chronic insufficiency of the adrenal cortex with other diseases of the endocrine system.Pregnancy in patients with chronic insufficiency of the adrenal cortex
- blood supply and innervation of the adrenal
- Clinical evaluation of laboratory studies of the functional state of the adrenal cortex
- Determination of corticosteroids and their metabolites in urine
- Diagnosis and differential diagnosis of chronic adrenal insufficiency
- Treatment of chronic adrenal insufficiency
- the morphology of the adrenal
- Additional adrenal
- biosynthesis and metabolism of the adrenal cortex hormones
Treatment is carried out just as in acute Stroke in patients with primary chronic insufficiency of the adrenal cortex.
In secondary adrenal insufficiency, caused by decreased secretion of adrenocorticotropic hormone, ACTH treatment can begin only after removal from the patient serious condition, against the backdrop of the ongoing substitution therapy with corticosteroids.
05 May, 2016
05 May, 2016