Encyclopedia Symptoms / / August 12, 2017
Alternative names: breast growth in men
Gynecomastia - is the development of breast tissue in men, causing breast augmentation.This is due to the overgrowth of breast tissue rather than excess fat tkani.Ginekomastiya is the development of an outstanding condition may develop in puberty and sometimes resolve spontaneously.Other causes of gynecomastia include the effect of estrogens, androgens (often taken secretly for bodybuilding), marijuana, and some medications.Rare causes include tumors, genetic defects and chronic liver disease.
condition may occur in one or both breasts and begins as a small lump beneath the nipple, which may be tender.Chest often increases unevenly.Gynecomastia during puberty - is not uncommon, and it usually takes place during the month.
In newborn infants, breast development may be related to milk (galactorrhea - is any discharge from the nipple and ducts of the mammary glands of liquids, it is very similar in consistency to breast milk, colostrum, spontaneous abnormal
Androgens - hormones is to create characteristics of men - such as hair growth, muscle size and deep voice.Estrogens are hormones that create female characteristics.All people have both androgens and estrogens.Changing the levels of these hormones or changing how the body uses these hormones or responds to them, can cause breast enlargement in men.
More than half of the boys in puberty develop gynecomastia.
- cancer chemotherapy;
- chronic liver disease;
- the impact of anabolic steroid hormones;
- effects of the hormone estrogen;
- renal failure and dialysis;
- Hormone therapy for prostate cancer;
- Radiation treatment of the testicles;
- side effects of some medications - such as for example: ketoconazole, spironolactone, metronidazole, cimetidine (Tagamet);
- deficiency of the male hormone testosterone.
Rare causes include:
- genetic defects;
- increased activity of the thyroid gland;
Breast cancer in men is rare.Symptoms of breast cancer include:
- sided breast growth;
- hard piece of the chest;
- ulcers of the skin on the chest;
- bloody discharge from the nipple.
Diagnosis and treatment of gynecomastia
recommend using cold compresses and use analgesics, which will appoint a physician if swollen breasts.Other tips:
- if the patient is taking recreational drugs - such as marijuana - he should immediately stop taking them;
- and the patient should stop taking all nutritional supplements or any drugs, if he took them for bodybuilding (pumping and muscle growth).
patient should consult a doctor if he:
- more recently - the swelling, pain, or an increase in one or both breasts;
- have dark or bloody discharge from the nipple;
- there is pain on the skin or sores on the chest;
- felt a lump on his chest.
Gynecomastia in children who have ?? not reached puberty should always be checked by a doctor.Having studied the history of the patient's disease and spent diagnostic examination, your doctor may ask the patient questions about his medical history and symptoms, including these:
- abnormally large breasts - one or both breasts;
- what age and sex of the patient;
- what drugs the patient received;
- how long gynecomastia is present;
- gynecomastia remains at the same level as increases or decreases;
- What other symptoms are present.
testing may not be necessary, but the following tests may be done to rule out certain diseases:
- tests of hormone levels in the blood;
- breast ultrasound;
- studies of liver and kidney function;
- mammography (section of medical diagnosis, which is engaged in a non-invasive examination of mammary glands).
If underlying disease is found, it is treated.The treating physician should take into account all of the medications that may be causing the problem.Gynecomastia during puberty usually goes away.
breast augmentation when the breasts are too large, uneven or growing rapidly - can be uncomfortable for a teenage boy.
Procedures which may be used in these cases:
- treatment of hormone which blocks the action of estrogen;
- breast reduction surgery method.