Swelling of scrotum
Encyclopedia Symptoms / / May 15, 2016
Alternative names: inflammation of the scrotum, scrotal swelling
scrotum - a leathery pouch, which is located in the cavity of the testicles, epididymis and the initial division of the spermatic cord in men.Swelling or inflammation of the scrotum can occur in men at any age.Swelling may be on one or both sides of the scrotum, and may be accompanied by pain.The inflammation may also be involved in the testicles and penis.
swelling in the testicles moshenki and should be treated as a very serious light, in no way should not be left without medical attention, as the consequences of diseases, which caused swelling can be very disastrous for the stronger sex.
most common cause of edema is moshenki testicular torsion (twisting, inversion).This is a very serious problem, with which the twisting of the spermatic cord, resulting kotorgo egg loses blood supply.If this does not eliminate the torsion is very fast, the egg can be completely damaged forever, and it will have to be removed.Moreover, the torsion is
Causes of scrotal edema
- injury of genitals;
- congestive heart failure (weakness of the myocardium);
- bacterial inflammation of the epididymis;
- mumps (mumps);
- epididymitis (inflammation of the epididymis testis or testis);
- testicular injury;
- testicular torsion gidatidy;
- Surgery in the genital area;
- varicocele (varicose veins of the spermatic cord, or grozdevidnogo plexus);
- testicular cancer.
Symptoms accompanying swelling of the scrotum
As a rule, along with swelling moshenki may experience a number of symptoms, including:
- severe pain in the testicle or around it, gradually increasing in a few hours or days;
- waddling gait (to reduce pressure on the scrotum and groin);
- temperature rise;
- malaise and dizziness;
- clouding of urine;
- discharge from the penis;
- abdominal pain on the affected side;
- change kozhyh integument of the scrotum, such as redness, dryness, peeling;
- nausea and vomiting;
- raising the affected testicle.
Diagnosis and treatment of swelling of the scrotum
should seek emergency medical attention if you have at least one of the symptoms listed above, along with swelling of the scrotum.Sometimes even small and painless swollen scrotum condition requires medical intervention.
Your doctor will need to perform a diagnostic examination and study the history of the disease, which may include the following questions:
- when swelling has arisen;
- if he suddenly developed;
- if the patient becomes worse;
- how large tumor (for example, it can be twice the size of normal);
- is there, along with swelling of the discharge from the penis;
- edema or swelling in one part or across the scrotum;
- whether the swelling the same on both sides (sometimes swollen scrotum - is, in fact, enlarged or swollen testicle seed channel);
- whether the patient has ever carried out an operation in the genital area;
- whether the patient injury genitals;
- whether the patient has recently genital infections;
- whether the tumor decreases after relaxing in bed;
- is there any other symptoms of the patient;
- whether the patient's pain in the area around the scrotum.
diagnostic evaluation will include a detailed analysis of the scrotum, testicles and penis.The combination of diagnostic examination and medical history will determine whether the patient need any tests.Usually assigned to confirm the diagnosis ultrasound.
Depending on the diagnosis, your doctor may prescribe antibiotics to the patient and pain medication or recommend surgery to him.
If swelling is not due to pathologic causes, usually enough local treatment.
To facilitate the state can resort to the following actions:
- applied to the scrotum ice packs for the first 24 hours, and then take the sit-warm (not hot and not cold) bath, to reduce swelling;
- if the pain is severe, place a rolled towel between his legs just under the scrotum to relieve pain and reduce swelling, but it is better in this case, in any case consult a doctor to make sure it is not twisted;
- wear loose sportswear for everyday activities;
- wearing a special support bandage can reduce pain during movement;
- avoid excessive activity until the swelling disappears.
22 May, 2016