Pain when pressing on the abdomen
Encyclopedia Symptoms / / May 13, 2016
Belly - part of the body that the doctor can easily examine by touch.The doctor can palpate the tumor, hernia and organs in the abdomen and find the area where the patient feels pain.
pain by pressing on the abdomen can be from mild to severe.Severe pain occurs when the tissue that lines the abdominal cavity (peritoneum) is irritated, inflamed or infected.This condition is called "peritonitis."
causes of pain by pressing on the abdomen
- abdominal abscess;
- some types of hernias;
- Meckel's diverticulum;
- ovarian torsion;
- liver disease, gall bladder and stomach.
Anyone with acute abdominal pain should call the emergency services, and the right to be examined by a doctor.
Your doctor will need to examine the patient and gently press on the various abdominal area.People with peritonitis - often strained abdominal muscles on the touch area.
physician should be noted tenderness point - is a generic term which means that the patient has an increased
For example, if the patient has appendicitis, then it is likely to be the point of tenderness when touching a certain part of his abdomen (Bernie Mac symptom).
doctor may also ask the patient questions about his symptoms and medical history:
- when the symptoms began;
- the first time whether the patient was a discomfort;
- as usually happens discomfort;
- which still have symptoms in the patient - such as: constipation;diarrhea;fainting;heat;vomiting.
following diagnostic events can be made:
- X-rays of the abdominal cavity (peritoneum);
- CT of the abdomen (peritoneum - sometimes);
- blood test - total or differential.
In some cases, will require immediate surgery: Exploratory laparotomy or appendectomy.
What does the pain in the abdomen when pressed
- Gastritis. In acute gastritis there is a feeling of heaviness in the epigastric region, in addition to which there is nausea, vomiting, stomach upset.Language covers grayish-white coating appears excessive salivation or, on the contrary, increased dryness in the mouth.When you click on your stomach feels pain in the stomach.
- Appendicitis. If there was an acute sharp pain when you click on the bottom right side of the abdomen, in most cases it is - a sign of appendicitis.Releasing the hand pain increases.Usually this condition is accompanied by a slight fever, dryness of the tongue, rapid pulse, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.This situation requires urgent treatment to the doctor.
- Liver and pancreas. pain with pressure on the abdomen below the ribs on the right often proves of liver problems.But it may be a sign of inflammation of the pancreas or 12 duodenal ulcer.To understand the intricacies of the problem can only be a doctor.
- Intestine. When pain when pressing on the abdomen near the navel or the right of the most inflamed small intestine.This may be due to poorly digested food fermentation, causing mucosal irritation.Pain in this area can cause flatulence after eating a hearty bean or sweet.Often manifested as worm infestation.
- Gynecological problems. pain caused by pressing the lower abdomen below the navel, women are likely to have gynecological in nature.If such pain appeared frequent urination, burning, cramps, blurred urine, we can talk about the problems with the kidneys and urinary tract.If there was a chair disorder (from constipation to permanent desires, often false), we are talking about colitis - an inflammation of the colon mucosa, which may cause a poor diet, or goiter.
- Spleen. Pain in the left upper abdomen are less common than in the right.They occur when the spleen enlarges.An examination of the doctor clicks on the relevant part of the stomach is not strong, because the enlarged spleen can rupture.A sign of it breaking apart the pain is bluish tinge to the skin around the navel.