Ear pain ( earache )
Encyclopedia Symptoms / / May 13, 2016
Ear pain can be sharp, dull or burning, in one or both ears.The pain can be temporary or permanent.Bbolevye sensation in the ears, which are not related to the pathology of the ear, and very rare, characterized by persistent pain in the ear during normal depth oto- picture.
Symptoms of an ear infection may include:
- increased tearfulness;
Many children may have temporary and minor hearing loss during ear infections or immediately after it.Permanent hearing loss is rare, but the risk increases with the number of infections.
Causes of earache
Common Causes: Eustachian tube to drain fluid passes from the middle ear to the back of the throat.If the auditory tube becomes blocked, fluid can accumulate in the middle ear.This can cause ear infections.
less likely to ear pain in adults was from an ear infection.Ear pain, in fact, it may be from a different location - for example, of human temporomandibular joint, of its teeth, throat, or other o
Causes of earache may include:
- arthritis of the jaw;
- acute ear infection;
- chronic ear infection;
- ear injury from pressure changes (due to high altitude or other causes);
- hitting any object in the ear;
- a serious loss of ear wax;
- rupture or perforation of the tympanic membrane;
- sinus infection;
- sore throat with pain reflected in his ears;
-. Syndrome, temporomandibular joint (TMJ or miofatsialny syndrome, or chronic subluxation of the mandible, or bone syndrome or arthritis VNCH-joint Temporomandibular joint is paired and attach the lower jaw to the skull on the joint lies an enormous load.. associated not only with the procedure of chewing, and speech, mimic facial movements, etc. for various reasons, can develop dysfunction of the ANS, which leads to damage, inflammation, pain and other disorders; it is one of the most difficult and painful pathologies, which is not easy. how to diagnose and treat and symptoms of which - a lot of some of them - the "classic" - involve themselves VNCH-joints, ears, head, face and teeth);
- tooth infection.
Ear pain in a child may be associated with infection or following features:
- ear canal is sore from cotton swabs;
- soap or shampoo left in the ear.
The following tips can help with the pain in the ear:
- a hot compress to the outer ear for 20 minutes may reduce pain;
- enough for children to safely chew gum, which can help relieve pain and pressure in the ear ear infection;
- if the child is uncomfortable, the rest in an upright position may help him to reduce the pressure in the middle ear;
- ear drops are effective if the eardrum is not broken;
- stronger pain relievers - such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen - can provide relief for children and adults with pain in the ear (do not give aspirin to children, it is absolutely contraindicated in them!).
can alleviate ear pain caused by the rapid convergence to great heights when swallowing or chewing gum.Infants can help permission to suck a bottle or breast at a time when the plane takes off (climbs) or decreases (boarded).
patient should contact their doctor if:
- he or his child - a high fever or severe pain, which seems to be stronger than usual when an ear infection;
- there are new symptoms, especially dizziness, severe headache, swelling around the ear, the weakness of the facial muscles, suddenly stopping severe pain, which may be a sign of rupture of the tympanic membrane;
- symptoms (pain, fever, or irritability) are stronger and do not improve within 24-48 hours.
doctor will inspect and examine the ear, nose and throat of the patient.
pain or redness of the mastoid behind the ear on the skull - are often a sign of a serious infection.
- Avoid smoking near children.It is proved that smoking causes in children, millions of ear infections each year;
- Avoid external ear infection, do not put in the ears, well dry ears after bathing or swimming;
- Take measures to control allergies.Steroid nasal spray may help reduce ear infections.However, a more sedating antihistamines and decongestants - not prevent ear infections.
02 May, 2016
02 May, 2016