Clinical evaluation of laboratory studies of the functional state of the adrenal cortex
Endocrinology / / May 15, 2016
In connection with the development of chemical methods for the determination of adrenal hormones and their metabolites in biological fluids is currently considered to be the most reliable indicator of adrenocortical function levels of adrenal hormones in the blood and release of hormones and their metabolites in the urine.
Determination of glucocorticoid and their metabolites in the blood.The most common is the determination of the blood 17 gidroksikortikosteroidov method Silber and Porter.This method allows to determine unconjugated cortisol, cortisone, as well as 17-hydroxy-11 -dezoksikortikosteron.
Given the spontaneous daily variations in the allocation glikokortiko steroids, blood for the study should be taken at a certain time (7-9 am), and bearing in mind the speed at improving glucocorticoid ACTH stimulation, it is necessary to exclude any stressful situation at the time of blood collection.Under physiological conditions, the level of 17-gidroksikortikosteroidov blood ranges from 6-25 mg / 100
- Physiology of the adrenal cortex
- chromophobe pituitary adenoma
- Regulation adrenocortical function
- blood supply and innervation of the adrenal
- Clinical evaluation of laboratory studies of the functional state of the adrenal cortex
- concept of stress and diseaseadaptation
- Biological effects of mineralocorticoid
- Biological effects of adrenal hormones.The biological effect of glucocorticoid
- Additional adrenal
- biosynthesis and metabolism cortex hormones adrenal
- Biological effects of C19-steroids
certain diagnostic value may be determining the level of 17-gidroksikortikosteroidov bloodat different times of day, allowing to establish the presence or absence of spontaneous release glucocorticoid daily fluctuations inherent in the normal body and disappearing in some pathological conditions.