Encyclopedia Symptoms / / August 12, 2017
Alternative names: shoulder pain
Shoulder pain - is any pain the shoulder joint or around it.
Leverage - the most mobile joint in the human body.The group of four tendons in the shoulder called the "rotator cuff", which provides a wide range of shoulder motion.
Changes such as swelling of the arm, damage or bone around the rotator cuff shoulder - can cause pain in the shoulder.The patient may experience pain when lifting his hands above his head or moving it forward or backward, behind his back.
Causes of shoulder pain
most common cause of shoulder pain is mikrotoravma as a result of mechanical stress.This tendons become inflamed or damaged.This condition is called "tendinitis (inflammation of the tendon) rotator cuff shoulder."
Shoulder pain can also be caused by:
- tendinitis - inflammation of the tendons surrounding the shoulder joint, or biceps tendinitis, causing inflammation of the tendons of the muscles of the inner part of the shoulder;
- ttlozhenieem calcium in the tendon, passin
- arthritis of the shoulder joint;
- traumatic injuries, congenital anomalies of the shoulder or swelling;
- bone spurs in the shoulder area;
- bursitis - inflammation of the joint capsule, liquid-filled, and pomogayuscheey joint to move smoothly;
- broken humerus;
- dislocation of the shoulder;
- shoulder gap;
- frozen shoulder (this condition occurs when the muscles, tendons and ligaments in the shoulder becomes stiff, making movement difficult and painful);
- instability of the shoulder joint, Kotra may be the result of sports injuries, sprains, cartilage rings anguish, overexertion of muscles;
- development of hernias of intervertebral discs thoracic and cervical spine;
- neurogenic pathology for which are characteristic of muscle wasting, paresis, sensory disorders;
- excessive damage to the surrounding tendons - such as biceps hands.
shoulder pain may sometimes be associated with the problem in a different area of the body - such as the neck or lung.In such cases, there is no bychno shoulder pain in motion.
Diagnosis and treatment of pain in his shoulder
Here are some useful tips to help with shoulder pain:
- put ice on the shoulder area and leave it for 15 minutes.Do this 3-4 times a day for 2-3 days.Wrap ice in tissue.Do not put ice directly on the skin, as this can cause frostbite of the skin or the internal organs;
- let the shoulder for the next few days of rest;
- slowly return to normal activities.A physical therapist can help you do it safely;
- take or Acetaminophen Ibuprofen (e.g., Tylenol) - they can decrease inflammation and pain.
sudden pain in the shoulder (especially the left) can sometimes be a sign of a heart attack.We recommend that the patient see a doctor, if he has a sudden change in blood pressure or severe pain in the shoulder, especially if the pain extends from the chest to the left jaw, arm, or neck, or occurs with shortness of breath, dizziness, sweating.
advise the patient to contact the hospital emergency room, if he only recently had a serious injury, if his shoulder is very sore, swollen, bruised, or it has a bleeding.
encourage the patient to see a doctor, if he has observed:
- shoulder pain with high fever, swelling, or redness;
- the problem is to move the shoulder;
- pain for more than 1-2 weeks, even after home treatment;
- arm swelling;
- red or blue color of the skin in the shoulder area.
Your doctor will need to perform a diagnostic check and examine the patient's shoulder carefully.The patient is likely to be asked questions that can help the doctor understand the patient's shoulder problem.
doctor may order blood tests or other, to diagnose the problem.It can also give advice on the treatment of shoulder pain, including the following:
- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs);
- injection of anti-inflammatory drugs - corticosteroids;
- surgical treatments, when all other treatments do not work.
Preventing shoulder pain
- if the patient was before the pain in his shoulder, we recommend using ice (through the fabric) and ibuprofen after exercising;
- encourage the patient to learn stretching exercises and strengthening his rotator cuff and shoulder muscles.The physician (physiatrist) can recommend such exercises;
- if the patient has not recovered from tendinitis, it should continue to do the exercise movement to avoid shoulder frostbite ice.
12 Aug, 2017
12 Aug, 2017
12 Aug, 2017