Pain in the penis
Encyclopedia Symptoms / / August 12, 2017
Under pain in the penis means any pain or discomfort in the penis.
Causes pain in the penis (penile)
- stone bladder;
- animal bites or insect;
- cancer of the penis;
- an erection that does not go long (priapism);
- genital herpes;
- infection of the hair follicles;
- infection of the penis prosthesis;
- the development of infections under the foreskin of uncircumcised men (balanitis);
- inflammation of the prostate (prostatitis);
- Peyronie's disease;
- Reiter's syndrome;
- sickle cell anemia;
- urethritis caused by chlamydia or gonorrhea.
Diagnosis and treatment of pain in the penis (penile)
As the patient refers to the penis pain depends on its cause.Recommended talk to your doctor about treatment.Ice packs may help alleviate the pain at first, to obtain medical care.
If the pain in the penis is caused by sexually transmitted diseases, for the sexual partner is also important to be treated.
erection that does not go (priapism) is a medical emergency.We recommend p
encourage the patient to consult a doctor if the patient noticed any of the following symptoms:
- priapism (we recommend to consult a doctor immediately);
- pain that lasts more than 4 hours;
- Pain with other unexplained symptoms.
Your doctor will conduct a physical examination and study history.His examination may include the following questions to the patient:
- when there was a pain;
- whether the pain is always present;
- whether painful erection (priapism);
- Is often the patient feels the pain of the penis;
- have pain around the penis or in only one part of it;
- whether the patient open wounds;
- whether the patient have any injury in this area;
- whether the patient is a danger of any sexually transmitted diseases;
- whether the patient is exposed to sexually transmitted diseases;
- which still have symptoms of the patient.
diagnostic evaluation will include a detailed examination of the penis, testicles, scrotum and groin.
Pain also can be treated only when the cause is found.Treatment may include:
- during infections - antibiotics, antivirals and other medicines (in rare cases, chronic infection, it is recommended circumcision);
- if priapism - an erection should decrease.Urinary catheter inserted to relieve urinary retention.
can be assigned to medication or surgery, if necessary.