Pain in the groin and perineum
Encyclopedia Symptoms / / August 12, 2017
Alternative names: groin pain;Genital pain;pain in the perineum
Inguinal pain refers to discomfort in the area where the abdomen ends and the legs begin.This article focuses on the pain in the groin in males.In men, the terms "groin" and "testicle" are sometimes used interchangeably.But what causes pain in one, does not necessarily cause pain to another.
reasons groin pain
Common causes of pain in the groin in males include:
- enlarged lymph nodes;
- epididymitis (common, especially in men, inflammation of the epididymis, testis and epididymis of the testis, is characterized by erythema, inflammation, swelling and swelling in the scrotum In this disease in the scrotum inflammation may occur and swelling in most cases the cause of the disease is..nonspecific infection originating from an accidental exception of pathogenic microflora - trichomonas, gonococcal infections, and tuberculosis).;
- hernia (stepping bodies from the cavity occupied by them through the normally existing or pathol
- inflammation of the large or small bowel;
- kidney stones;
- Leydig tumor cells (or tumor of the testis, swelling of the cells of Sertoli-Leydig cell - tumor sex cord with ringed tubes occurs in women of very different ages, although most -.. Young women often have hormonal activity, mainly androgenic neoplasm usually.unilateral, sizes dense yellowish tumor node - ranging clinical significance have only tumors of Leydig cells and Sertoli cells).
- muscle tension;
-. Orchitis (testicular inflammation in humans is almost always a complication of an infectious inflammatory disease may develop after the mumps, or -. Mumps and brucellosis, scarlet fever, influenza, pneumonia, measles, typhoid fever, but often orchitis.. develops in inflammatory diseases of the genitourinary system, moving in diseases such as prostatitis, urethritis, vesicles and epididymitis also orchitis may occur after testicular injury adrift orchitis can be acute or chronic acute orchitis is usually caused by an acute inflammatory disease, chronic - chronic)..;
- skin infections;
- urinary tract infection.
Treatment and Diagnosis perineal pain
Home care depends on the cause.Follow the doctor's recommendations.
patient should consult a doctor if he:
- persistent and unexplained pain in the groin area, especially if the pain burning;
- pain and swelling of the scrotum;
- only one testicle pain for more than 3 hours;
- physical changes have occurred in the area, such as the growth of the testicles or skin color changes;
- there is blood in the urine.
doctor should perform a diagnostic examination.It may ask the patient questions about his symptoms, including these:
- whether the patient has recently trauma;
- whether changes in activity, especially in recent years - voltage, heavy sport exercises or similar activities;
- When the pain in the groin;
- whether the pain has intensified over the recent period;
- whether the pain is always present;
- which still have symptoms in the patient - such as fever, swollen glands, or blood in the urine.
- whether the patient was exposed to whatever else a sexually transmitted disease.
diagnostic evaluation should include a careful examination of the patient's groin.You can find the hidden hernia by inserting one finger in the upper part of the scrotum, while the patient coughs.Coughing raises the pressure in the stomach and the intestine pushes into the holes formed hernia.
tests that may be performed include:
- blood tests - the total or differential;
- ultrasound or other scan;
12 Aug, 2017
12 Aug, 2017