Pain in the ankle
Encyclopedia Symptoms / / August 12, 2017
Alternative names: stretching ankle ligaments, dislocated ankle
Under pain spoon is usually understood to mean any discomfort in one or both ankles, pain is often caused by a sprained ankle ligaments.Ankle sprain is damage to the ligaments that connect the bones to each other.
Causes pain in the ankles
In most cases, the dislocation of the ankle causes small tears in the ligaments.This leads to pain, swelling and bruising, making it difficult to transfer the weight on the joint.
In addition to ankle sprains pain can be caused by:
- Damage or tendon swelling (which connect muscle to bone) or cartilage (which softens the joints)
- infection in the ankle
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- syndrome Reiter
- Other types of arthritis
problems in the ankle can cause you to feel pain in the surrounding ankle portions of legs, which include:
- Blockage of the blood vessels in the legs
heels - Injuries caused by violation of gait
- nerve damage (such as carpa
Diagnostics ankle pain
Your doctor will perform a physical examination of the ankle, causing discomfort, and will ask questions about the nature, causes, durationand pain intensity.
Diagnostic tests that may be required include:
- Analysis of synovial fluid (fluid from the joint capsule)
- X-ray of the ankle and possibly the entire leg
Pain in the ankles
stretching treatment ankle ligaments
- Rest the injured ankle for a few days.
- Try not to carry a lot of weight on his injured ankle, when you sit or stand.
- Put a cold bandage on the area of pain.Apply ice for 10-15 minutes each hour for the first day.Later, apply ice every 3-4 hours for 2 days.
- You can also buy a special brace that supports the ankle.
- Use crutches or a cane to help take the weight off the ankle.
- Keep your legs above heart level.When you sit or sleep, put two pillows under the ankle.
- Try to use acetaminophen or ibuprofen for pain and swelling.
- the improvement of edema and pain, the patient must be protected from the ankle up the additional load of 10 days for a softer stretch and from 2 to 5 weeks for heavier sprains.
Treatment ankle injury
Trauma can take from a few weeks to many months, until they are healed.Once the pain and swelling gone, injured ankle will still be a little weaker and less stable than the intact leg.
you may be prescribed non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are recommended special devices and equipment for walking on foot, or special brackets can be imposed.Surgery is required in rare cases.
Start to perform special exercises to strengthen your ankle, it will help strengthen it and prevent injuries in the future.Do not start these exercises without consulting a traumatologist.
ankle arthritis Treatment
When ankle problems associated with arthritis and its variants, entrust their treatment experienced doctor.
Preventing pains and sprains ankle
- Lose weight if you are overweight.The extra kilos increase the load on the ankle.
- Warm up before training.Stretch the muscles and tendons that support the ankle joint.
- Avoid sports and activities, which are properly due to the load on the ankle.
- Wear comfortable shoes.Avoid high heels.
- If you are prone to damage or dislocation ankle during certain activities, use special shoes or orthotics, bandages.
- Do the exercises in the balance and strengthen leg muscles.
12 Aug, 2017
12 Aug, 2017