Pain in the bones and weak bones
Encyclopedia Symptoms / / May 08, 2016
Alternative names: bone pain.
Pain in the bones or weak bones or other discomfort in one or more bones are less common than in the joints and muscles.Source bone pain may be evident, such as the crack after the accident.Or it can be a long time less visible - like a cancer that spreads (metastasizes) to the bone.Regardless of the source of pain in the bones, they should always be taken very seriously and, in the case of severe pain at any time to seek medical help.
reasons bone pain
Bone pain can be caused by the many causes, including injury or disease states.
- cancer of the bone (primary cancers);
- cancer that has spread to the bones (metastatic malignant);
- violation of the blood supply (as in sickle-cell anemia);
- infected bone (osteomyelitis);
- an infection in the bones;
- mineralization loss, or osteoporosis (chronic progressive systemic metabolic diseases of the skeleton, the clinical syndrome, which manifests itself in other diseases chara
- small fractures (such as a stress fracture, which occurs in young children).
unexplained pains in the bones of the patient should contact your doctor.Your doctor will ask the patient about his medical history and conduct a diagnostic examination, during which the doctor may wish to check with the patient the following:
- localization of pain;
- whether there is a pain in the forearms, hands, lower legs or both feet (distal extremities);
- whether the pain is in the main part of the arms or legs;
- Is there pain in the heel (heel pain);
- time and nature of the pain;
- when the patient first noticed the pain, the age at which it started;
- how long bones ache;
- when the patient is getting worse;
- which still have symptoms of the patient.
Diagnostic tests that may be performed include:
- blood tests (eg, total and differential blood tests);
- X-rays of bones, a bone scan;
- CT and / or MRI;
- studies of hormone levels;
- research functions of the pituitary and adrenal glands;
Depending on the cause of the pain, the physician may prescribe the patient:
- anti-inflammatory drugs;
- laxatives (if the patient during prolonged bed rest arise constipation);
26 Apr, 2016
26 Apr, 2016