Pain in the hip
Encyclopedia Symptoms / / May 05, 2016
hip pain include pain in the hip or around it.Usually it is impossible to feel the pain emanating from the patient's thigh, just above it.Pain in the hip is given in the groin or knees.
Causes of hip pain
pain in the hip or around the hip may be caused by problems such as:
- hip pain can be caused by problems in the bone or cartilage of the hip;
- hip fractures can lead to sudden pain of the hip joint.These injuries can be severe and can lead to big problems.Hip fractures are more common as people get older, because of the fall, most likely, their bones become weaker;
- infection in bones and joints (often due to osteomyelitis and septic arthritis);
- osteonecrosis of the hip;
- arthritis - it is often felt in the front of the thigh or groin;
- «labralnaya tear" hip;
- bursitis - a sore hip, when a person gets up from a chair, walking, going up and down the stairs;
- stretching hamstring;
- iliotibialnogo tract syndrome;
- hip flexor strain;
- syndrome "attempt";
- groin strains;
- snapping hip syndrome;
- hip pain problem may reflect back and not in the thigh.
Diagnosis and treatment
General tips for pain in his hip:
- try to avoid any activities that increase the pain;
- start taking painkillers without a prescription - such as Ibuprofen or Acetaminophen;
- lie down and sleep only on the side of the body, in which there is no pain.Place a pillow between your legs;
- try to lose weight if you are overweight.Ask your doctor for help;
- try not to stand on their feet for long periods of time.If you still have to stand, put his feet cushioned surface.Stand with an equal amount of weight on each leg;
- wear shoes without heels, soft and comfortable.
Tips for pain in the hip associated with excessive physical activity:
- always try to warm up the legs before a workout and cool them afterwards.Pull out the hamstrings;
- avoid rises, more is better go for a direct and convenient way;
- swim instead of cycling;
- reduce the amount of exercise that you normally do;
- put a foot on a smooth, soft surface - such as carpet.Do not place the injured leg on a solid concrete floor;
- if you have flat feet, try the special shoe inserts and orthotics, insoles;
- make sure that the shoes are well made, they fit your feet and have good shock absorption;
- see a doctor to practice?Especially if you have a suspicion of arthritis or hip injury.
necessary to go to the hospital or get emergency medical help if:
- hip pain is caused by a serious fall or other trauma;
- deformed foot, on it there is bruising (bruises) or bleeding;
- you will not be able to move the thigh or can not sustain any load on the injured foot.
necessary to consult a doctor if:
- after 1 week of treatment at home hip still hurts;
- you also have a fever or a rash on his leg;
- you suddenly ill hip, and thus has sickle cell anemia, or if you are taking steroids for a long time;
- if you have pain in both hips and other joints.
Your doctor will need to perform a physical examination and a careful attention to the hips and the back of the patient and to the way he walks.To diagnose the cause of the problem, your doctor may ask the patient the following questions:
- exactly where he feels pain;
- when and how the pain has appeared;
- which, in the opinion of the patient, increases his pain;
- what has been done to alleviate the pain;
- whether the patient is able to walk and to withstand additional weight;
- whether the patient's other medical problems;
- whether the patient takes medication.
Did the patient have to do x-rays of the hip, or MRI scan.Your doctor may prescribe a higher dose of medication.Also, the patient may need anti-inflammatory drugs.
02 May, 2016
02 May, 2016
02 May, 2016