Worry , anxiety , jitters : Causes
Encyclopedia Symptoms / / May 03, 2016
Worry, anxiety unpleasant state of extreme arousal, increased tension and irritability.
Anxiety can come on suddenly or exist for a long time, for weeks and even months.Pain, stress, fever may increase anxiety.
Anxiety by itself may not be a sign of health problems.However, if there are other symptoms, it may indicate a serious disease.
reasons nervous excitement
- Alcohol intoxication, alcohol dependence or alcohol withdrawal
- overabundance of caffeine
- Abstinence (breaking) in case of failure of the drugs, such as cocaine, marijuana, hallucinogens, PCP, oropiates
- Hospitalization (older adults often have delirium while in the hospital)
- Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid)
- Infection (more often in the elderly)
- Medical tests that are associated with the introduction of a contrast agent, such as barium, the bodypatient
- Nicotine addiction
- Theophylline or other medicines
- Lack of vitamin B6
- Bipolar disorder
Call your doctor if:
- causelessanxiety or anxiety continues for a long period of time
- your psychological state is deteriorating, anxiety, jitters grow
- If there are other unexplained symptoms, such as tremors, convulsions, twitching.
Diagnostics causeless anxiety, restlessness, nervous excitement
To help better understand the cause of your anxiety, try to answer the following questions:
- Are you more talkative than usual or you make an effort,to keep talking?
- Do you think that your life or work are meaningless?
- You have been trembling or twitching?
-linked whether your anxiety or jitters to the tragic event in your life?
- Did you notice anything else that may have caused the excitement?
- you are taking any medications, especially steroids or medicine to treat the thyroid gland?
- How much alcohol do you drink?
- How much caffeine do you drink?
- Do you use drugs, such as cocaine, drugs or amphetamine?
- Do you see yourself in confusion, memory loss, hyperactivity, or hostility?
answers to these questions can play an important role in the diagnosis.Perhaps you yourself will find the cause of your anxiety.
Diagnostic tests may include:
- A blood test
- Research thyroid
- CT or MRI of the head
- lumbar puncture
urine - Screening for drugs that you may eat
- Key indicators (temperature, pulse rate, respiratory rate, blood pressure)
- X-ray of the skull
treatment of nervous excitement, causeless anxiety or anxiety
The most important way to deal with nervous excitement or causeless anxiety is finding and treating the cause.Without treatment, a nervous excitement leads to an increased risk of suicide.
The following measures will help to reduce anxiety:
- Peaceful atmosphere
- Sufficient lighting
- Medications such as benzodiazepines and, in some cases, antipsychotics
- A full-featured, high-quality sleep
- Changing familiar surroundings, or environment,such as a small vacation
Do not focus too much on their anxiety, if possible.This usually makes the problem worse.
If your loved one is in danger of harming themselves or others, because of nervous excitement, or causeless alarm, and no other, less restrictive ways to control his behavior, use only the rigid restrictions.
23 May, 2016
23 May, 2016