Slow body movements
Encyclopedia Symptoms / / May 01, 2016
Alternative names: dystonia;involuntary slow movements;choreoathetosis;uncontrolled movements of the arms and legs;involuntary movements of large muscle groups;athetoid movement
Slow and uncontrollable movements - muscle tone problem, usually in large muscle groups.The problem leads to sustained, uncontrollable, jerky movements of the head, limbs, torso or neck.
Abnormal movement may be reduced or disappear during sleep.And it strengthens the emotional stress and worsens.Because of these movements may be abnormal, sometimes strange postures.
reasons slow body movements
slow twisting movement of muscles (athetosis) or flaccid muscle contractions (dystonia) may be caused by one of many reasons, including such as:
- childrencerebral paralysis;
- side effects of the drugs;
- genetic diseases;
- hepatic encephalopathy;
- Huntington's disease (Huntington's chorea or Huntington's disease).
Sometimes two conditions interact (eg, head injury, and medication), causing abn
doctor will perform a diagnostic examination, which may include: a detailed study of the nervous and muscular systems.
The doctor will ask the patient about his medical history and symptoms, including:
- when the patient began to develop this problem;
- it always had the same abnormal movements or they change;
- this is always or only sometimes;
- becomes worse if the patient;
- worse if he after training;
- worse if he at times of emotional stress;
- whether the patient has recently injured, seriously ill with something else or whether he was a victim of an accident;
- better if he becomes after sleep;
- whether there is a similar problem still somebody in the family of the patient;
- which still have symptoms of the patient;
- what medications the patient takes.
tests that your doctor may prescribe to the patient include:
- blood tests - complete blood count, total and differential tests;
- CT scan of the head or affected area;
- studies EMG and nerve conduction velocity (sometimes done);
- genetic research;
- lumbar (low back) puncture;
- MRI of the head or affected area;
Treatment slow body movements
Treatment is based on the nature and cause of the problem of human movements.If you use drugs, your doctor will decide which medications to appoint on the basis of symptoms and signs.
home recommend good sleep and avoid too much stress.In severe cases - to take precautions to avoid injury, as well as - to follow the treatment that is prescribed by the doctor.
patient should consult a doctor if:
- he has unexplained movements that he can not control;
- the problem is getting worse;
- uncontrolled movements occur with other symptoms.
12 Jun, 2016
12 Jun, 2016