Abnormal eye slope
Encyclopedia Symptoms / / August 12, 2017
Alternative names: mongoloidizm;Mongoloid eye shape
slope of the eye, or the slope of the eye slit determined by the direction oblique line, conventionally drawn from the outer corner of the eye to its inner corner.
slanted eyes and epicanthus (Mongolian fold), which is an arcuate vertical folds at the inner corner of the eye, formed by the upper eyelid skin is normal for people of Asian descent.
Abnormally slanting eyes of other races may be a symptom of some genetic disorders and syndromes.
The most common of these syndromes is Down syndrome.People with Down syndrome often have epikantalnuyu fold in the inner corner of the eye.
Causes of abnormal eye tilt
Eye slant can not be part of any other defect.Nevertheless, in some cases, it may be due to the following:
- Down's syndrome;
- fetal alcohol syndrome (or the FAS - fetal alcohol syndrome, TSA - fetal alcohol syndrome, alcohol embriofetopatiya);
- some genetic disorders.
If you notice from your child's uncharacteristic for its exter
- the child has other abnormal facial features;
- there are doubts about the child's ability to move eyes;
- problems by closing the eyes of the newborn;
- there are any anomalies in the eye: their unusual color, raised areas, separation, or any other change on the part of the eye.
Diagnosis and treatment
Your doctor will need to perform a diagnostic examination of the patient and may ask the parents of a sick child questions about medical history and symptoms.
infants with abnormal ocular bias usually have symptoms and other diseases.This symptom is diagnosed on the basis of family history, medical history and diagnostic examination of the patient.
Diagnostic tests to confirm this disorder may include:
- chromosome studies;
- tests for enzymes;
- metabolic studies.
Treatment will be assigned on the basis of diagnosis.