Open department of psychiatric hospitals
Mental Disorders / / April 23, 2016
Open separation existed a relatively long time (they were called "sanatorium department").However, before they were placed in either patients with neuroses, or patients recovering after the elimination of psychotic disorders.Later in the open compartment and began to put patients with psychotic disorders, for which, however, patients are not dangerous to themselves and others, and their behavior is not of a disruptive nature.Depending on the quality characteristics and severity of mental health patients can enroll in those offices directly from admissions or transfers after the initial period of observation and treatment of closed compartments.The latter way is preferable, except in cases when it is not the psychotic nature of the existing patient mental disorders there is no doubt from the very beginning.
in public offices, as the name implies, patients have the right to free movement within the hospital and its territory in the hours stipulated by the daily routine.This alone shows that the freedom o
1) minimum isolation of the patient from society and the preservation of its natural social ties that provided increased frequency of meetings with relatives sick people, providing patients with home leave (and even the establishment of the regime of "partialhospitalization "when patients are allowed to spend the time at home, work or school);All this is acceptable in cases where the mental state does not prevent this;
2) application of the system of maximum unhampered, based on respect for the patient's personality, to his individual needs and interests, which is achieved by replacing the directives clarifying conversations, trying to direct behavioral intervention - indirect influence collective desire to subdue the patient to his authority - winning his trustwhich occurs in his response to the tolerance and friendliness of the staff, respect for his dignity and his treatment as an equal;
3) creation of collective of patients in which the development of relations characteristic of healthy society;development of the responsibility of each patient to the team and for the team.To do this, create a council of patients, to hold meetings to discuss progress on a range of issues of everyday life department, and developed proposals carefully considered by the management department, as far as possible carried out, and in case of impossibility to satisfy the reasons communicated to the patients;
4) provide useful employment of patients, based on the self-service system, taking into account the individual inclinations;
5) conducting a systematic cultural entertainment and educational work with special attention and full encouragement of the development initiative.
development of all these activities are part of the patient are activated by individuals who are not affected by the disease and that can serve as a support for the restructuring of the relationship to the world, disturbed disease.It is very important to consider, because even the most effective therapeutic agents currently used, can eliminate the psychotic symptoms, but can not always release the patient from psychological illness, especially if it is a long time among patients with severe mental disorders.