Pulmonology / / August 12, 2017
Nebulizer - is for the inhalation device that turns liquid medication into mist legkodispersny, so that it is easily inhaled into the lungs.Nebulizers are particularly effective in asthma, for infants and young children, as well as those who have difficulty using inhalers for asthma.
Due to the fact that the substance is sprayed on the ultrasmall particles, the drug gets to all parts of the respiratory system and is rapidly absorbed.It also allows you to consume the drug sparingly.
Nebulizers are stationary and portable.Stationary nebulizers are big enough and are powered by the mains.
Portable nebulizers operate on batteries or rechargeable batteries, and can optionally be connected to the vehicle's cigarette lighter.Portable device slightly larger than a deck of cards, so they can easily fit in a purse, briefcase or backpack, and can be used anywhere and at any time when you need them.
To date, the following models are available nebulizers:
- Compressor nebulizers,
- Ultrasonic nebulizers, which convert the liquid into a mist, affecting it with ultrasound;
- Membrane or electron-mesh nebulizers, which are, as it were "screened" the liquid through a membrane with very small holes with the help of low-frequency ultrasound, and then mixing the resulting particles with air.
- No need to coordinate breathing and flow of drugs;
- Accurate delivery of drugs to the respiratory tract;
- Economical consumption of drugs;
- Fewer side effects from the use of drugs;
- Perfect for use in children;
- Ability to use as a mask or mouthpiece.
- High cost;
- Ability to use only standard ready-made solutions or drugs;
- Possibility of destruction of the structure of the drug, especially ultrasonic models.
- Asthma: Causes, symptoms, treatment, first aid
- inhaler spacer (Spacer).How to use an inhaler spacer
- complex of therapeutic exercises in bronchial asthma
- Asthma and Allergy
- peak flow meter for asthma control.How to use a peak flow meter
How to use a nebulizer?
To use a nebulizer, you will need the following materials:
Install Compressor on a stable surface, and reassemble the nebulizer according to its instructions.Connect a hose to an air compressor.
Connect the nebulizer to the network, it is ate predusmoterngo specifications of your model.
Wash your hands with soap and water and dry them.
If you still have to measure them, use a separate, clean the measuring device for each drug.
when refueling inhalation solution use sterile needles and syringes.
Remember!Filling the nebulizer must be done immediately prior to inhalation!
Connect the flask, and mask (or mouthpiece), connect the appropriate tube.
recommend using the working gas flow of 6-10 liters per minute.
Remember, the greater the flow rate, the smaller the particle size, and the inhalation time!
Sit upright in a comfortable chair.
If the treatment is carried out for your child, he or she can sit on your lap.
If you are using a mask, place it comfortably and securely on your face or your child's face.The mask must fit tightly to the face so kakuvelichenie distance significantly reduces the efficiency of inhalation.
If you are using a mouthpiece, place it between your teeth or your child and Close the lips around it.
Commit slow, deep breaths through your mouth.
If possible, try to hold your breath for 2-3 seconds before you exhale.This allows the drug to settle in the respiratory tract.
Breathe through your mouth, or use a nose clip for children to help them breathe only through your mouth.
inhalation time is usually from 10 to 15 minutes until the end of the medication in the flask.If during treatment, the liquid is deposited on the walls of the flask, you can gently shake the cup.
If you feel dizzy, stop treatment and rest for 5 minutes.Continue treatment, trying to breathe slowly.If dizziness remains, inform your doctor.
| After use, thoroughly rinse the spray gun, flask, and the mouthpiece (or mask), dry and store them in a sealed box to avoid dust or other contaminants. |
not hold the nebulizer in the area of windows and outdoors.
How to care for a nebulizer
Cleaning and disinfecting the nebulizer is simple and very important.Proper care prevents the development of infection triggers an asthma attack.Cleaning should be carried out in a room away from whether the smoke and dust from the open windows.
Follow these guidelines when cleaning the nebulizer:
- After each treatment, rinse the flask with warm water, shake off excess water and let it dry.After each use of the flask, a mask or mouthpiece should be washed in warm soapy water, using a mild detergent, rinse thoroughly and allow to air dry.You do not need to clean the compressor pipe.
- After each use of the third and subsequent washing equipment should be disinfected with a nebulizer or an aqueous solution of vinegar or disinfectant solution supplied by the supplier.To use vinegar, dilute 0.5 cups of white vinegar in 1, 5 cups of water.Soak the equipment for 20 minutes and rinse well under running water.Shake nebulizer, wipe it with a paper towel and allow to air dry.Always keep the equipment to dry completely before storing it in a box or bag.
- compressor cover Wipe clean with a cloth after each use.Keep it clean by wiping it with a clean, damp cloth as needed.
- Do not place the compressor on the floor for treatment or storage.
- Medications should be stored in a dry, cool place.Check the expiration date before using.If they have changed color or if you notice crystals formed, discard and replace them with new ones.
- Always have extra bulb and mask or mouthpiece that would be in case of failure, you can replace it without losing time.
- Check the filter of the air compressor, as specified in the manufacturer's instructions.Replace or clean it in accordance with the instructions of your supplier.