Inhaler Spacer (Spacer)
Pulmonology / / August 12, 2017
inhaler spacer - a special camera that serves as an intermediate reservoir for the aerosol medication, and facilitates the use of inhalers, also ensuring maximum efficiency and safety in the use of pressurized metered dose inhalers.Medicine from the spray inhaler first enters the spacer, and then inhaled by the patient.
inhaler spacer has the following advantages:
- Easy to use;
- Greatly simplifies the use of the inhaler;
- Perfect for small children;
- Does not require precise synchronization of inhalation and after pressing on the valve of the inhaler;
- Clear and easy dosage of medicines;
- When using an inhaler spacer drugs hardly deposited in the oral cavity and absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract, which significantly reduces the side effects;
- Exact hit of drugs deep into the respiratory tract provides them with maximum efficiency;
- Economical consumption of drugs;
- Quick medicinal effect;
- Ability to use during an asthma attack.
Species Spencer a lot, but usu
Important!Spacers are used only for aerosols.If the medicines prescribed by a dry powder, a spacer is not applicable.
- Asthma: Causes, symptoms, treatment, first aid
- Nebulizer.How to use a nebulizer
- complex of therapeutic exercises in bronchial asthma
- Asthma and Allergy
- Allergic rhinitis (hay fever): causes, symptoms, treatment and prevention
- peak flow meter for asthma control.How to use a peak flow meter
How to use an inhaler spacer
Firmly insert the mouthpiece of the inhaler into the oval hole in the end of the spacer.
|Hold the inhaler and spacer together, shake well aerosol, at least four or five times.|
|Place the spacer in your mouth and tightly Close the lips around the mouthpiece.|
|Keep your body straight and look ahead.Exhale.|
|Click once on the valve of the inhaler, and immediately begin to inhale the medicine.Inhale slowly for three to five seconds, making a complete and deep breath.|
|Remove the spacer out of your mouth.Hold your breath for as long as you can for 10 seconds.Exhale slowly.|
If you need to take several servings of the drug, repeat this procedure.
12 Aug, 2017
12 Aug, 2017