Poisoning by carbon tetrachloride ( carbon tetrachloride )
Occupational Diseases / / August 12, 2017
carbon tetrachloride (CTC) - a colorless readily evaporating liquid with a sweet odor reminiscent of chloroform.In contact with a flame or incandescent material decomposes to form phosgene (the latter is formed, even when smoking a cigarette in the air, where there is carbon tetrachloride).
used in rubber, paint industries as a solvent resins, rubbers, in the production of CFCs, fire extinguishers (not used at fires in small confined spaces because of the possible formation of phosgene) and other MPC -. 20 mg / m3,
enters through the respiratory system, the gastrointestinal tract (random reception), the intact skin.Provided in an unmodified form of light (exhaled air has the smell of carbon tetrachloride).Weak drug.It has a long aftereffect.It causes severe degenerative changes in parenchymal organs, the development of hepato-renal syndrome.Irritating, affects the lungs.
In mild cases - headache, dizziness, weakness, feeling of intoxication, nausea, vomiting, cough, upper respirat
Severe poisoning occur by ingestion of even small amounts (30-50 ml).Unrestrained vomiting of blood, jaundice.Heavy toxic nephritis, hypertension, bradycardia, convulsions, pneumonia.Toxic pulmonary edema, acute myocarditis, uremic coma, death.As a consequence of acute poisoning may develop inflammation, necrosis of the pancreas, acute yellow atrophy of the liver, nephritis, optic nerve damage, acute psychosis, peptic ulcer (duodenal ulcer).
Headache, dizziness, drowsiness or insomnia, paresthesias in extremities, pain in various parts of the body (especially in the lower back), a burning sensation in the eyes, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.Lowering of sexual ability.Weight Loss.
dysuria, nasopharyngitis, gingivitis, spasticity in the intestine and duodenum, acute pain in the upper or lower abdomen, enlarged liver.sensitivity disorders, gait, occasionally visual disturbances.Possible atrophy of the optic nerve.
Some mental disorders - memory loss, sluggishness, depression.Hypersensitivity to nicotine aversion to alcohol.Dermatitis, urticaria, eczema.
First aid and treatment
Remove affected person in a warm ventilated room or to fresh air;quiet, warm, black coffee.Oxygen, carbogen, sedatives;20 ml of 40% glucose solution with 500 mg of ascorbic acid intravenously.To reduce toxicity and prevention of liver and kidney failure - excessive fluid administration: 5-10% glucose solution intravenously with 500 mg of ascorbic acid (up to 2L drip);isotonic sodium chloride solution to 2 liters per day, subcutaneously 5-10 units of insulin.
12 Aug, 2017
12 Aug, 2017