Indications and contraindications to chemotherapy
Oncology / / May 08, 2016
conditions for chemotherapy from the patient: normal blood count, liver function and preserved kidney satisfactory fatness and reactivity, as well as the willingness to cooperate with the doctor.If, in addition to cancer, there are other diseases, all of the information about them should be collected.At the start of treatment for blood cancer therapies absolute number of granulocytes should be above 2,000, platelets - 100 above 0000. The decrease in hematocrit and hemoglobin in patients with bleeding is a contraindication to treatment with cytotoxic drugs when the anemia itself is not yet an absolute obstacle to the beginning of therapy.However, a prerequisite is a normal excretory capacity of the kidneys.The tolerability of anticancer drugs by persons with chronic diseases of the kidneys and the liver is usually limited.Blockage of the biliary tract, in most cases an absolute contraindication to treatment.The study of cardiac status of the patient is especially important before treatment anticancer dru
An assessment of co-morbidities on the methods of their treatment.Thus, in patients suffering from rheumatoid arthritis and took a long time butazolidin (phenylbutazone), portability of anticancer drugs, is reduced.Some anti-tumor agents, given by mouth, give an unfavorable cumulative toxic effects from antiepileptic drugs, and antibiotics.This not only medication, but also accompanying disease can have a decisive impact on the treatment of anticancer drugs.In the presence of immunodeficiency syndromes treatment of anticancer drugs may contribute to the development of severe opportunistic infections (generalized fungal infection, sepsis, erysipelas, herpes zoster).
prerequisite for chemotherapy is the mood of the patient to treatment and respect for their timing mode, anti-tumor treatment.
antitumor drug therapy is used in the following cases:
1. In diseases, cure or remission of which can only be achieved by chemotherapy.These include: leukemias and some other hematological malignancies, tumor Burkitt, horionkartsinoma, Wilms' tumor, rhabdomyosarcoma.
2. As a complement to other therapeutic methods in breast tumors, testicular, prostate, ovary and other organs.
3. With a view to the prevention of metastasis.Promising results were obtained by such treatment in breast and ovarian cancer, as well as at the osteogenic sarcomas.
4. As an attempt to transfer from an inoperable tumor stage in operable condition, such as ovarian cancer.
5. In a palliative treatment for most malignant tumors, especially for tumors of the head and neck, colon, sarcoma, tumors in children.
11 Jun, 2016
11 Jun, 2016