Nervous System Tumors
Oncology / / April 26, 2016
tumors of the central and peripheral nervous system make up 0.8-1.2% of the total number of tumor diseases.They are common in all countries of the world.Among men, they were observed in 2,3-7,5%, among women - in 1,8-5,2% per 100 000 people.Men predominate malignant tumors (glioblastoma, medulloblastoma), women - benign (neuroma, meningioma).The greatest, tumor incidence by age troupes observed in young, mature and menopause.In the last 70-80 years due to the development of neurosurgery doctrine of tumors of the nervous system stood out as an independent discipline - neurooncology.
Accepted distinguish the following types of tumors of the nervous system.
1. neuroectodermal tumors, which make up 55-62% of the total number of neoplastic diseases of the nervous system of man.They arise from primary brain cells in the tube during its development in differentiated embryonic brain tissue.This group includes: astrocytomas, oligodendrogliomas, ependymomas, ganglioma, pinealoma, neuromas, medulloblastoma.Malig
2. meningovascular tumors develop from undifferentiated and differentiated cells of the meninges and blood vessels;they are identified in 19,3-20% of cases.These include: meningioma, or arahnoidendoteliomy, antioblastomy - angioreticuloma, sarcoma, lymphosarcoma.
3. Pituitary tumors occur in 5,9-8% of cases.These include pituitary adenoma and craniopharyngioma (Rathke's pouch tumor)...
4. Heterotopic, ie alien tumor is not peculiar to the brain tissue and the meninges;1.5-2% observed in the cases.There are the following forms: epidermoid (homeotestoma), dermoid, teratoma, fibroma and fibrosarcoma, chondroma and chondrosarcoma, and osteosarcoma osteotome, chordoma, lipoma.
5. Tumors affecting the homogeneous system tissues that mark in 0.87% of cases.Among them are: multiple arahnoidendoteliomatoz, neurofibromatosis (von Recklinghausen's disease) and angioretikulomatoz (von Hippel's disease - Lindau).
6. Metastases in the brain and spinal cord cancers of other organs found in 4,8-12% of tumor lesions of the central nervous system (CNS).
Clinical symptoms of CNS tumors are divided into general, observed in all its localizations and patchy due to a violation of its individual departments function.
04 May, 2016