Sports nutrition , or eating while you exercise
Healthy Eating And Diet / / August 12, 2017
diet can help improve athletic performance.An active lifestyle and regular exercise, along with a good and balanced meal - this is the best way to stay healthy.
good diet with plenty of fluids can provide the energy needed to finish the competition or to simply enjoy a relaxed daily sports activities.
person is likely to get tired and will not function during exercise, (will not show good results), if he does not get enough:
- vitamins and other minerals;
recommendations for sports nutrition
diet is recommended for athletes, not very different from the diet recommended for any healthy person.
However, the amount of each food group in the diet of an athlete will depend on:
- degree of preparation of the athlete and his physical condition;
- time that an athlete spends in the activity.To
athlete might work better, it first of all, you should not exercise on an empty stomach.Everyone is different, so every athlete should be found:
- that it is better to eat before training or competition;
- how much food is right for him.
Carbohydrates in sports nutrition
carbohydrates, simple and complex, are food.They are important for providing energy during exercise.Carbohydrates are stored in the body as glycogen, mainly in the liver and muscles.
Complex carbohydrates are found in foods such as pasta, bagels, bread made from whole grains, rice, dark grains (eg, oats, buckwheat, etc.).They provide energy, fiber, vitamins and minerals and are low in fat.
Simple carbohydrates (sugar) - such as for example sweet soft drinks, jams, jellies, jams, chocolates and any sweet cookies - provide a lot of calories, but do not provide the body it needs vitamins, minerals and other nutrients.
matters most is the total amount of carbohydrates that a person eats each day.Slightly more than half of the calories should come from carbohydrates out.
athlete should consume carbohydrates before he goes to train if he will spend the energy for more than 1 hour.Perhaps he would have to have a drink before your workout a glass of fruit juice, a cup of yogurt or eat savory muffin with jelly.
During exercise an athlete as needed carbohydrates, otherwise he may have fatigue and dizziness.He can meet this need the following types of diet:
- 150-300 g sports drink every 15-20 minutes;
- two or three handfuls of pretzels;
- half or two-thirds of a cup of low-fat granola cereal.
After training as an athlete need to eat carbohydrates again to build muscle glycogen stores.After 30 minutes of sports activities, he can eat a small bagel with jelly or sweetened cereal, or drink from 300-400 mL of energy drink or fruit juice.
athletes who train for more than 90 minutes, should eat more carbohydrates, and possibly protein, 2 hours after the workout.You can try a sports drink with nuts or yogurt with granola.
proteins in sports nutrition
Proteins are important for muscle growth and recovery of tissues.Proteins can also be used by the body to produce energy, but only after the spent glycogen or carbohydrates.
Many people believe that the athletes to maintain muscle growth requires a diet high in protein.However, scientists in their research found that it is not.As it turned out, it is a myth that a high-protein diet should contribute to the growth and strengthening of the muscles.Only strength training and exercises the muscles change.Athletes, even bodybuilders, you only need a little extra protein to maintain muscle mass growth.Athletes can easily meet this need by simply eating more high-calorie pischi.Odnako yet most people eat almost twice as much protein as they should.
Excess protein, especially animal in the diet leads to the following:
- the protein to be stored in the body as excess fat;
- excessive protein may increase the risk of dehydration (not enough fluid in the body) and loss of calcium.
often in people who are focused on food, do not eat enough carbohydrates, which are perhaps the most important source of energy during exercise.
Amino acid supplements and excess protein is not recommended.This can increase the loss of calcium and cause additional strain on the kidneys, which is necessary to remove excess nitrogen, which provides protein.
- How to gain muscle, lose fat, there is a before and after training
- How to lose weight?Diets for children and adults
- What products should be present in the diet of beauty?
- How to gain weight or diet for thin
- 8 products that reduce blood cholesterol
How much water you should drink while you exercise
Water is the most important component of a healthy diet.But many athletes sometimes forget that the nutrients, water and other liquids are important for proper hydration and body temperature.the body during exercise can lose several liters of sweat during the 1 hour period.
Clear urine is a good indication of a complete rehydration of the body.
Some recommendations for maintenance and preservation of a sufficient amount of fluid in the body:
- the athlete must make sure he drinks plenty of fluids with each meal, or else he can not exercise;
- athlete should drink 2 cups of water 2 hours before each workout.It is important to start exercising, having a sufficient amount of water in the body;
- the athlete must continue to slowly drink water during and after exercise - about 1 / 2-1 cups of fluid every 15-20 minutes of exercise.Water is the best of the liquids in the first hour of sports activities.The transition to an energy drink after that will get enough electrolytes;
- athlete should drink water, even if it still does not feel thirsty;
- if an athlete obolet himself with water from above, he can of it to feel good, but will not receive fluid in the body, that it is still necessary.
If children are engaged in sports, you can offer them often pour water during sports activities.They do not respond to thirst, but they also need to drink more water.Adolescents and adults should replace any body weight lost during exercise, with equal amounts of fluids.Given every kilogram that a person loses during exercise, it should drink 3 cups of fluid for the next 6 hours.
Achieving the desired body weight
The change in body weight of an athlete to improve his performance to be safe for health and life.Otherwise, this change may bring more harm than good.Maintaining body weight is too small, too rapid weight loss or prevention of weight gain unnatural way - all of which can have negative consequences for the health of the athlete.Therefore, for every athlete it is important to set realistic goals based on the weight of his body.
Young athletes who are trying to lose weight, need to work together with nutritionists.Experimenting with diets on your own taste can lead to digestive disorders and ill health.
Worth every athlete periodically consult with professional doctors and nutritionists, and discuss with them the diet that fits best is for the sport that the athlete is involved, as well as his age, sex and number of its training.
12 Aug, 2017
12 Aug, 2017